Levo Gen 3 Fitting longer dropper on 2022 Levo

dpr517

Mar 18, 2021
Kentfield, CA
Hey everyone,

I am super excited that my LBS has a new 2022 Turbo Levo Expert coming in a couple of weeks. I am going for it!

Only upgrade I plan on making from the start is to get a longer dropper post. Sounds like the best of the longer droppers out there is the Bike Yoke Revive 213.

I want to make sure its gonna fit. I have two questions:
1) Specialized says max seatpost insertion on the S4 is 255mm. Is this for the post itself should I include the little cable mechanism on the bottom of the post?

2) Am I thinking about this corrrectly?
Listed seat tube length is 425mm. I am assuming this is measured from BB spindle to top of the seat tube.
Max seatpost insertion is listed as 255mm.
The Revive seat post is 550 bottom of post to seat rails

My saddle height is 730mm from BB spindle to seat rails. So if I take the seat tube height + seat post length...thats 550+425=975mm. If I subtract my saddle height from this, it should be the amount that the seatpost needs to be inserted. 975-730=245mm

So, by my math, I need an insertion of 245 and max is 255. So, I am good to go with 10mm to spare.

However, the cable mech is an additional 37mm. Not sure if this going to cause a problem.

If the Bike Yoke won't fit. The OneUp is another option. Their 210 dropper will definitely fit.

Thanks for any advice.

killjoyken

Mar 10, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Yeah, looks like it should fit. I have a Revive Max 185 and I'm able to almost slam it on my S4. My post has a length of 258mm from collar to the bottom. I end up with 4mm showing under the collar when fully inserted so Specialized's 255mm max length is pretty close.

I'd go for it. The Revive is the best dropper on the market and smoother than the Oneup. And you're going to love the 2022. (y)

dpr517

Mar 18, 2021
Kentfield, CA
I'd go for it. The Revive is the best dropper on the market and smoother than the Oneup. And you're going to love the 2022. (y)

I went to order the Revive and realized they only make a 185mm with a diameter of 34.9. Guess I am goi g to give the OneUp 210 a try after all.

Nick W

Jan 2, 2022
Bolinas, CA
Yeah, looks like it should fit. I have a Revive Max 185 and I'm able to almost slam it on my S4. My post has a length of 258mm from collar to the bottom. I end up with 4mm showing under the collar when fully inserted so Specialized's 255mm max length is pretty close.

I was looking at putting a oneup 180 into my S3 Levo but I’m not sure if it will work. Anyone have experience doing this?

Nick W

Jan 2, 2022
Bolinas, CA
I was looking at putting a oneup 180 into my S3 Levo but I’m not sure if it will work. Anyone have experience doing this?
I put a 180 oneup dropper on my s3 2022 Levo. I thought I would need to run it fully inserted but actually I run it raised about an inch.
I’m 5’6 and have really short legs, 30” inseam, with longer torso.
I can’t fully slam the post because there is some stuff down there that interferes, but I can get very very close. If I slam the post, when fully raised the seat isn’t quite high enough for me for optimal pedaling, and when dropped it is so low that it’s difficult to pedal and is even difficult to stand from a seated position. For me the 180 is perfect, and provides a very noticeable improvement from the stock 150 dropper. The extra 30mm really feels like a lot.
Because there is room to spare I’m wondering if I could run a 210 shimmed to 190. Has anyone done this? And if so how long is your inseam?
I should add that I run an sqlab 611 saddle which is very low profile, allowing more drop. The stock Specialized bridge seat is very tall

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Thinking of doing the same on my S4, how did it go with OneUp 210mm? Can you slam it all way into the seat tube?
Really interested in this also, I have an S4 Levo Expert and the post sticks up to far, long legs. So would I need the 210 at 34.9? Anyone tried the 240?

PDXRooster

Nov 4, 2022
Portland, OR
I have the OneUp 180 in an S3 and have it shimmed to 170 for my riding. Works perfectly and is a much better improvement to the stock dropper.

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
I’m using the Oneup 210 in my S4. You can’t slam the 210 all the way in. You can measure from the top of the seat tube to the dropper drop stop, that’s how deep you can slam the dropper in. My inseam is 88cm and I have 4,5cm of the dropper left. I’m using a 31,6mm 210 with a shim.

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
I’m using the Oneup 210 in my S4. You can’t slam the 210 all the way in. You can measure from the top of the seat tube to the dropper drop stop, that’s how deep you can slam the dropper in. My inseam is 88cm and I have 4,5cm of the dropper left. I’m using a 31,6mm 210 with a shim.
Hey Polo, did you shim the 210 down to 200 or left it alone? I can't stand how much this stock 175mm sticks out and am thinking of using my extra OneUp 210 with a shim. When you said your inseam was 88cm is that your real inseam (using a level, plumb line etc) or is that your pant length?

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
Hey Polo, did you shim the 210 down to 200 or left it alone? I can't stand how much this stock 175mm sticks out and am thinking of using my extra OneUp 210 with a shim. When you said your inseam was 88cm is that your real inseam (using a level, plumb line etc) or is that your pant length?
88cm is my real inseam and I’m using all the 210mm.

SL76

Feb 7, 2021
Turin
Hi @Polo1602 ,hi got Levo Gen3 carbon expert 22 in size S4.
I USUALLY pedal with my seat post high 76 cm from the B.B and I am 183 cm tall.
I just order the one up 210 x 34.9mm,but i am still little bit confuse if it is going to work fine.Now i got the Specialized Manic 170x 34.9 with specialized saddle.
The One-Up should work fine with the specialized saddle???Or i need to buy a new saddle(less tall) ...How diffult is to change the seatpost (Do i need to remove the battery???)...is possible to see a picture from your bike please,how it look with the 210mm dropper.
Thank you in advance .cheers.
Sergio

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
Hi @Polo1602 ,hi got Levo Gen3 carbon expert 22 in size S4.
I USUALLY pedal with my seat post high 76 cm from the B.B and I am 183 cm tall.
I just order the one up 210 x 34.9mm,but i am still little bit confuse if it is going to work fine.Now i got the Specialized Manic 170x 34.9 with specialized saddle.
The One-Up should work fine with the specialized saddle???Or i need to buy a new saddle(less tall) ...How diffult is to change the seatpost (Do i need to remove the battery???)...is possible to see a picture from your bike please,how it look with the 210mm dropper.
Thank you in advance .cheers.
Sergio
What kind of pictures do you mean?
I used the cable from the manic dropper. No need to install another one.

SL76

Feb 7, 2021
Turin
What kind of pictures do you mean?
I used the cable from the manic dropper. No need to install another one.
@Polo1602
First thank you ...so easy to instal ,i dont need to remove nothing and dropper it is not too long too touch the motor...
Second i mean just the picture of the dropper stick in to the bike,how it look the 210 on your bike?thank s in advance

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
@Polo1602
First thank you ...so easy to instal ,i dont need to remove nothing and dropper it is not too long too touch the motor...
Second i mean just the picture of the dropper stick in to the bike,how it look the 210 on your bike?thank s in advance
I only have this pictures after a muddy ride. I‘m using SQLab saddle instead of the stock specialized one.
IMG_6446.jpeg

IMG_6445.jpeg

IMG_6444.jpeg

BikeBert

Dec 10, 2022
Croatia
I'm also gearing up to get the BikeYoke Revive 213 mm dropper for my 2022 Levo Expert Carbon S4. I've calculated that I need to insert it up to the maximum allowed 255mm. However, I've come across discussions on other threads about potential issues with the actuation of the dropper when inserted this much.

Anyone here running a similar setup with the BikeYoke Revive 213? What's been your experience? Have you encountered any problems with actuation, and do you have any tips or recommendations? I want to ensure a smooth fit without compromising performance. Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles