Levo Gen 3 Fitting Hope Tech 4 V4 brakes on Turbo Levo

steeley

Nov 11, 2021
Staffordshire
Hiya, i hope some one can help me with a query i have.
I wish to upgrade my current Sram Code brakes that came stock with my 2022 Turbo Levo comp but a little concerned with the amount of work required to change the rear brake, my local cycle shop who have done lots of my upgrades have said its a real tricky job and the motor/battery would need to be dropped out, they have said its 4+ hours work so will cost almost as much to fit as one of the brake calipers them self, is this correct and have any of you also had this issue?

Many thanks for any help any of you can offer.
A friend of mine had his blown motor changed, SRAM brakes removed and Hope V4 brakes, discs & cranks installed at Berkshire cycles while we went across the road to a cafe for breakfast. In less than an hour and a half they called him to say the bike was ready ! I'd find yourself another bike shop.

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
Yes, that's a week spot. Try to pull or push braided hose through the liner of a 2019th Stumpjumper was not possible here.
Standard hose went through. Maybe of the old liner or the higher friction of the braided hose material.
Braided hose is thicker

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I upgraded mine when I bought Levo Expert it took Berkshire cycles about an hour and a half max to put on Hope V4 brakes and Fox 36 forks .

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Brakes and rotors arrived yesterday, thanks to a recommendation on here ita all booked in to get fitted this Tuesday, can't wait 👍
I bought the same brakes for my Levo but not fit them yet. Did the bike shop have to use different brackets for the callipers? I bought some new wheels along with Hope floating rotors but they would not work with the Code brakes, as the rivets caught the mounting brackets. I was told that I wouldn't have any issues if I fit the Hope brakes?

Interested to hear what brackets the bike shop used ?

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
I bought the same brakes for my Levo but not fit them yet. Did the bike shop have to use different brackets for the callipers? I bought some new wheels along with Hope floating rotors but they would not work with the Code brakes, as the rivets caught the mounting brackets. I was told that I wouldn't have any issues if I fit the Hope brakes?

Hiya, mine arrived today, I will certainly need new rear mount as I've gone 220 on the rear too. I'm taking it in to get fitted tomorrow and hopefully collecting weds, I'll let you know but pretty sure it's just the hope mounts.
IMG_20230213_142601_622.jpg

Hicksy 92

Nov 23, 2018
Stonesfield Oxfordshire

I’ve had new calliper mounts fitted to mine

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Levos are fully sleeved for hoses and cable from the head tube to the rear stay. No motor drop required. One slides out and the other slides in. Use a hose joiner if you're unsure but I didn't even need that. I just plugged the hose with a spoke nipple so I wouldn't need to do a full bleed.

Gordon
exactly this. Just done it last week on mine.

The bleed will take a while from empty. I did a main bleed then moved the bike into diff positions including upright overnight in a steadyrack. Then a couple more lever bleeds to get a rock hard lever feel.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Just a quick update, brakes got fitted with no issues, great service from Slam69 and also picked up some F22 pedals whilst there.
Did a 8 mile ride to get them bedded in, feel night and day compared to the Code R.
20230215_201645.jpg
20230215_201712.jpg
20230215_201701.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Used hopes for last 15 years never had any problems. Seem to need a lot more TLC on.my ebike . I know I am deeing a lot more miles but seems more sticking pistons etc.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Used hopes for last 15 years never had any problems. Seem to need a lot more TLC on.my ebike . I know I am deeing a lot more miles but seems more sticking pistons etc.
Yeah same here they have always been my go to brand, i love the fact parts are easy to get hold of incase of issues and love the fact there made in the uk.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles