First Service ?

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Hi all, is it the first bike check or service whats foc? or yet again is this true ? I'm here different things thanks

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Typically at six weeks. It is your chance to get all those niggles sorted out that have emerged.
I am fairly sure it was originally started to sort out poor shifting because the cables had settled in and altered the shifting. Also to sort out the cable brakes for similar reasons, I guess. Now I believe it may be part of your warranty terms, at least one e-bike company insists on it I read recently, but I can't recall who it was.
And yes it should be free unless you are demanding new brake pads, chain and cassette........

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Typically at six weeks. It is your chance to get all those niggles sorted out that have emerged.
I am fairly sure it was originally started to sort out poor shifting because the cables had settled in and altered the shifting. Also to sort out the cable brakes for similar reasons, I guess. Now I believe it may be part of your warranty terms, at least one e-bike company insists on it I read recently, but I can't recall who it was.
And yes it should be free unless you are demanding new brake pads, chain and cassette........

Thanks Steve :)