First ride on the Öhlins TTX Coil shock

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Hi, thinking of getting one of these shocks for my 18 levo. can you elaborate on whether the extra 1.5lbs of weight from the shock was even noticeable? Also, what pound spring did you go with and do you ride aggressive(jumps, drops, etc) or just singletrack talked to a rep at ohlins and he recommended a 571 spring for aggressive riding my rider weight is 182lbs thanks!
Hello
Didn't notice the weight at all tbh.
I ran a 548lb spring; with a backpack + water, I'm 95kg.
I would describe myself as an aggressive trail rider hitting jumps and drops.
I loved the shock.
Hope this helps

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
Hello
Didn't notice the weight at all tbh.
I ran a 548lb spring; with a backpack + water, I'm 95kg.
I would describe myself as an aggressive trail rider hitting jumps and drops.
I loved the shock.
Hope this helps
Thanks so much for the help! Sounds like the 571 is a bit much so I will look hard at the 548 I see from your thumbnail you've moved on to maybe the 19 levo?

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Thanks so much for the help! Sounds like the 571 is a bit much so I will look hard at the 548 I see from your thumbnail you've moved on to maybe the 19 levo?
Yep swapped to the 19 for the bigger battery.

I've just emailed my LBS about purchasing the Ohlins shock for the 19 :)

I would measure the sag before you ride it, that way you could swap the spring.

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Obviously, the trails came alive!

The shock is very very smooth and an absolute joy to ride.

I didn't get on with the RockShox Monarch RT3; it wasn't as good as the Custom Fox Float Factory DPS (from the previous years model).

The fork feels completely different; its way more balanced (Ohlins Air converted to 160mm). I know the travel hasn't increased, but the ride is completely different.

*I've been riding a Levo for 23 months.
Glad to hear нou liked the shock upgrade? Did you just bolt it on instead of Monarch or had to change the yoke or use different bushings?

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
I’ve had the Ohlins on my ‘19 Levo for over a month now. It puts a smile on my face every ride, I love it. Takes about 10 mins to swap, and TF Tuned advised the right spring and set it up perfectly - I’m only one click away from their rebound setting.

Simon

C4C1E33E-23E2-4276-BA1B-A7B3375C574C.jpeg

Farmerbob

May 12, 2019
Nevada, USA
I’ve had the Ohlins on my ‘19 Levo for over a month now. It puts a smile on my face every ride, I love it. Takes about 10 mins to swap, and TF Tuned advised the right spring and set it up perfectly - I’m only one click away from their rebound setting.

Simon

View attachment 11490
Hi simon, I have an 2019 expert just like yours. Will you tell me where you got your shock and which spring you got? I weight 180 lbs ready to ride. I have $800 burning a hole in my pocket.

RichardB

Jan 30, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Id also like to upgrade the rear shock but have read there have been breakages out there on the carbon frames -- what evidence is there to this, what are the recommendations?

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Only two rides on my TTX so far but it totally transforms the 18 Levo. Now my Ohlins Evo fork seems a little harsh in comparison to the rear. Dreaming of a coil fork now.

Farmerbob

May 12, 2019
Nevada, USA
Hi simon, I have an 2019 expert just like yours. Will you tell me where you got your shock and which spring you got? I weight 180 lbs ready to ride. I have $800 burning a hole in my pocket.
Id also like to upgrade the rear shock but have read there have been breakages out there on the carbon frames -- what evidence is there to this, what are the recommendations?

The only breakages I've read about are from Cane Creek Shocks with broken shafts. When the shaft breaks it wreaks havoc on the carbon around it.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
The only breakages I've read about are from Cane Creek Shocks with broken shafts. When the shaft breaks it wreaks havoc on the carbon around it.

I could be wrong (and I’m sure someone will correct me if so) but the problem was only on the ‘19 Levo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles