First ride on my new FSR Levo Comp Carbon

Colin-T-Woods

Jun 15, 2019
North Shropshire
Hi, new to E-MTBing and just been for a quick ride on my new Levo FSR Comp Carbon which was delivered today. Been researching for a month or so, really fancied the Specialized carbon and was finally swayed by the recent price reduction just before ordering a Haibike. So glad I did. The Levo is so much lighter, quieter and smoother than the Haibike I tried. I cant believe how quiet it is, just sounds like tyre hum. As a 'mature' rider and former xc racer in the early 90's I can't believe how MTB's have come on - its like riding on air. The only thing I've noticed so far is that the front chainring is quite small, I'm sure I've read somewhere that a larger one can be fitted. Any thoughts? Early days I know but...

I've come back to MTB'ing having recently given up running as I suffer a minor heart complaint and found that the exertion was starting to make me dizzy. These e-bikes mean that i can still get out and exercise without my heart going into an Arrhythmia. Apparantly there's an APP which when linked to a heart rate monitor can alter the bike's asistance to keep your heart-rate at a pre-selected rate - anyone using this?

The main use of the bike will be trail riding in The Shropshire Hills, North Wales and The Lakes, but having been watching Rob's videos Im sure a trip or two to Llandegla will be on the cards! Can't wait to go to the lakes this weekend (35th wedding anniversary), I wonder if I can get away with sloping off for a few hours. The wife hasn't tried it yet but I know she'll want one, any recommendations at around the £500 mark?

Cheers for now.

Colin-T-Woods

Jun 15, 2019
North Shropshire
The app is called BLEvo, see: The Official BLEvo Thread
Here is link to Rob Hancill's Video Review of BLEvo

To use the Smart Heart Rate feature you need a heart rate sensor with Bluetooth connectivity. I'm using a Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor chest strap and I purchased a Blackview BV6000S phone to use as a bike computer/display to run the BLEvo app.
Indigo, thanks, I’ve had a look at the video and that’s exactly what I need to keep my heart out of the red. Many thanks.
Colin.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Hi, new to E-MTBing and just been for a quick ride on my new Levo FSR Comp Carbon which was delivered today. Been researching for a month or so, really fancied the Specialized carbon and was finally swayed by the recent price reduction just before ordering a Haibike. So glad I did. The Levo is so much lighter, quieter and smoother than the Haibike I tried. I cant believe how quiet it is, just sounds like tyre hum. As a 'mature' rider and former xc racer in the early 90's I can't believe how MTB's have come on - its like riding on air. The only thing I've noticed so far is that the front chainring is quite small, I'm sure I've read somewhere that a larger one can be fitted. Any thoughts? Early days I know but...

I've come back to MTB'ing having recently given up running as I suffer a minor heart complaint and found that the exertion was starting to make me dizzy. These e-bikes mean that i can still get out and exercise without my heart going into an Arrhythmia. Apparantly there's an APP which when linked to a heart rate monitor can alter the bike's asistance to keep your heart-rate at a pre-selected rate - anyone using this?

The main use of the bike will be trail riding in The Shropshire Hills, North Wales and The Lakes, but having been watching Rob's videos Im sure a trip or two to Llandegla will be on the cards! Can't wait to go to the lakes this weekend (35th wedding anniversary), I wonder if I can get away with sloping off for a few hours. The wife hasn't tried it yet but I know she'll want one, any recommendations at around the £500 mark?

Cheers for now.

Welcome, i regularly take my comp carbon to Llandegla, bloody love the place on my emtb!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles