My new FSR Comp 2019 is incoming :D

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
Hi Guys,

im pretty new here and i just ordered the Turbo Levo Comp 2019 FSR. It should arrive next week :)

I know there were some Problems (for example mud getting into the motor), but they got fixes for that(those are for free right?)
Is there a full list of all available free fixes for this bike ? I want my bike to have all of them, before i take it from my local shop - else they can keep it ;P

I ride that bike kinda enduro style, but also some freeride in the city... pretty aggressiv. Anybody swaped the front 32 chainring for a 34 or even 36 ? How stable is that ? Will it break under maximum force ?!

Thank you :D

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Congrats....its an amazing bike and absolutely fine just as it is....no mods needed. One of the visible changes Spec made was to add some sponge etc in the gap between the back wheel and motor housing. Your lbs will order the kit if it is not fitted already. Meanwhile a small kitchen sponge stuffed in there does the same job when paired with a rear mudguard.....see a couple of threads on rear mudguards in the Spec forum. My advice in terms of use is to remember you have electrical components and be careful not to get them wet.....ie anything more than splash....no immersion...no pressure wash. Then it is a matter of remembering you are able to push more than 4 times your own max torque through all of the drive train components so it is best to use lower gears and higher cadence than you may think regardless what mode you use. The motor is in any case working at its best efficiency at a cadence of 70 or 80.

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
Congrats....its an amazing bike and absolutely fine just as it is....no mods needed. One of the visible changes Spec made was to add some sponge etc in the gap between the back wheel and motor housing. Your lbs will order the kit if it is not fitted already. Meanwhile a small kitchen sponge stuffed in there does the same job when paired with a rear mudguard.....see a couple of threads on rear mudguards in the Spec forum. My advice in terms of use is to remember you have electrical components and be careful not to get them wet.....ie anything more than splash....no immersion...no pressure wash. Then it is a matter of remembering you are able to push more than 4 times your own max torque through all of the drive train components so it is best to use lower gears and higher cadence than you may think regardless what mode you use. The motor is in any case working at its best efficiency at a cadence of 70 or 80.

Thanks for your answer! :)

I was talkin with the shopowner today - he told me the bike is there, but they need 2 days to install everything and set it up. They gonna build in:

> motor protection (the sponge thingy, with the rubber band on top)
> better shock link

He also told me the 4 bolt motor protection kit is just cosmetical, but ppl in the forums state, that it also helps with sealing the motor better, so no mud can get in.... so i told him i want that too :D

Anything else i can get as upgrade ? apparently the bike is old and build before december 2018 ... the last 2019 FSR Comp in battleship color + XL size in 100km radius - took me over 30 phonecalls and a bunch mails to find this beauty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles