First Impression Turbo Levo HT

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
Yes its not the latest and its a HT but its mine.
Being north of 47 now and not fit and a tad on the large side this is the first biking of any sorts in 30 years, and I love it.
Had the bike 2 weeks now and done about 130 miles on mainly forest roads and a couple of bike parks like Glentress, Green and blues only though.

My wife has the Cannondale and having a blast also, at our level there is not much to choose between them. i did change the grips for more contoured ones as my forearms and wrists were getting cramped.

Ma Steed.jpg

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I love stories like this one. After not riding for 30 years an Emtb has enabled you to ride out in nature. And you’ll still get plenty of exercise

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I’m also looking at getting a hardtail, but for the wife to ride so she can keep up. I can sometimes use the spare battery when I do longer rides which she is not a fan of.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I’m also looking at getting a hardtail, but for the wife to ride so she can keep up. I can sometimes use the spare battery when I do longer rides which she is not a fan of.
Ha nearly the same for me!! we are getting a new spesh hardtail for my wife tomorrow mainly for her commute to work and a bit of light trail riding with me, shes as fast as me on her "other" bike anyway lol but it does mean I can nick her battery

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Ha nearly the same for me!! we are getting a new spesh hardtail for my wife tomorrow mainly for her commute to work and a bit of light trail riding with me, shes as fast as me on her "other" bike anyway lol but it does mean I can nick her battery

I do have the exact same plan for my better half but unsure if the 2019 batteries actually fit a 2018 Levo. The 2019 HT batteries are listed as 400 or 500 Wh depending on basic- or comp model ?

When that is said I find the 2019 HT models very downgraded compared to 2018 models. I mean groupset "Acera" is usually found on sub 500£ MTBs.

Karsten

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I think/hope they will fit, will find out tommorow
yes the groupset is an insult but to be honest we know the bikes and their foibles and we have some replacement parts, wheels rear mech and a dropper post that will "lift" it
To be honest our second and maybe prefered choice was a comencal, they have some ex demos for not much more money and really nice spec. Its just buying online scares me especially as the motor and battery are unknown to me (shimano)and i know that they will like any other brand give some trouble along the way im worried about customer support. At least if we buy a bike from a shop we will get good aftersales support

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I think/hope they will fit, will find out tommorow
yes the groupset is an insult but to be honest we know the bikes and their foibles and we have some replacement parts, wheels rear mech and a dropper post that will "lift" it
To be honest our second and maybe prefered choice was a comencal, they have some ex demos for not much more money and really nice spec. Its just buying online scares me especially as the motor and battery are unknown to me (shimano)and i know that they will like any other brand give some trouble along the way im worried about customer support. At least if we buy a bike from a shop we will get good aftersales support

Looking forward to hear if battery fits or not - That would save me from having to buy a 2. battery and the battery is almost half a new HT :)

I would love to have a local shop where I could actually get some support but here the Specialized dealer is not even able to update the firmware as he do not have the tools to do it - EMTBs are not that popular in Denmark just yet.

Karsten

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
what yiou need is a few hills, next time I come to Denmark I will see if I can bring some :)))

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I told her a new battery for my bike was like $2400 (white lie) and may as well spend a bit extra and get a new bike for her into the deal, so she can ride more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles