First EMTB - Liv Intrigue Advanced Elite E+2

AMD

Aug 8, 2023
New Zealand
Hello from New Zealand

First time owner of an EMTB. I have been reading this blog for a while and have finally taken the plunge and purchased my first EMTB (with a crazy long name). I am a female rider, and a bit of a shorty so need an XS size frame. I considered the Specialized Turbo SL (2023)
but decided to go with the Liv, it has a slightly bigger battery and more power. It arrived on Tuesday, so far only had a few quick rides (on the flat) due to poor weather. Looking forward to having a decent blast on it over the weekend. So far loving it. I think it's going to be an awesome bike.

NewEMTB.jpg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
is that the full power but 400 battery model?

I'd be very interested on how you get on with it. Did you get the range extender also?

AMD

Aug 8, 2023
New Zealand
is that the full power but 400 battery model?

I'd be very interested on how you get on with it. Did you get the range extender also?
Hi

Yes, 85Nm and 400 battery. I haven't got the range extender as yet. I expect I will get one at some point in the future. It will be interesting to see what type of range I can get.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Congrats! And, yes, do keep us posted on your ride impressions.

Also don’t see a lot of XS size e-MTBs, so I find that cool. :) (I hardly ever saw even small sizes so bought my small sight unseen. Fortunately I fit.)

AMD

Aug 8, 2023
New Zealand
Congrats! And, yes, do keep us posted on your ride impressions.

Also don’t see a lot of XS size e-MTBs, so I find that cool. :) (I hardly ever saw even small sizes so bought my small sight unseen. Fortunately I fit.)
Will do. Is that a Norco Sight you are referring to?

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Will do. Is that a Norco Sight you are referring to?
No, I bought a Fuel EXe in small. I meant, I bought it “sight unseen” :)

I find even small size e-mtb are hard to see in the flesh, never mind XS. (I’ve actually never seen an XS in person.) I suspect it’s market forces, but still a bit of a bummer for us shorter folk.

AMD

Aug 8, 2023
New Zealand
Oops, I did wonder if you meant that 🙂. Nice choice with regards to the Fuel EXe! Agree re market forces, XS sized bikes won't be topping the sales charts.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Oops, I did wonder if you meant that 🙂. Nice choice with regards to the Fuel EXe! Agree re market forces, XS sized bikes won't be topping the sales charts.
I love my Trek and I ride it most often in Eco mode. But there have been times I’ve wished for more grunt up steeper hills. I think Giant/Liv has introduced an innovative solution.

What made you chose the Elite over the 2023 Levo SL?

AMD

Aug 8, 2023
New Zealand
Couple of reasons.
1) Battery, 400 watts vs 320 watts on the SL
2) 85 Nm vs 50Nm - I am not getting any younger so thought the extra power maybe better suited in the long run
3) Price. I got the Liv on sale ($1k less than normal), so worked out $4.5k less than the SL. Specialized bikes are lovely to ride but they do come at a cost. Given it's my first emtb I didn't want to go too nuts on price. I wasn't entirely sure how I would like riding a bike with extra weight, especially compared to my analog MTB. So far so good, but really need to put it through its paces off-road to see how it goes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles