Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
It did come inside a Rail 9 tho???
20200618_130351.jpg

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
Hé hé hé ... Beautiful bike, I like it.
Please write a comparison between this bike and your old Trance (I prefer to read it from someone who own previously a Giant than in a magazine).
When I replaced my Full-E I was looking at the Moustache Trail with same bosch gen4 motor and 625Wh battery and finally bought the Giant.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Not gonna lie, that Gen 4 Bosch motor looks tidy. Not sure how I feel about the handlebar controller, though. I do like the minimalist RideControl.

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Hé hé hé ... Beautiful bike, I like it.
Please write a comparison between this bike and your old Trance (I prefer to read it from someone who own previously a Giant than in a magazine).
When I replaced my Full-E I was looking at the Moustache Trail with same bosch gen4 motor and 625Wh battery and finally bought the Giant.
Finally stopped raining to give the Rail a skid in the mud....1st climb in its noticeably not as relaxing as the Trance power wise, Rail needs more spinning but rewards for effort unlike the Trance, accelerating on the Rail is awesome, just wants more whereas the Trance wants less cadence more short shifting to get back into power.

1st little downhill was good, bit slippery and still learning new bike, definitely easier to pop front, and rear pops much more playfully, surprising how nimble its feels being a 29er, steering is quicker than Trance even with slacker geo.
Climbing is better too, no front wheel lofting on hairpins, the seat seems to be more over the crank pivot than behind like the Trance.
Plushness is great, Trance was too, didn't really hit any drops or jumps as too slippery but took rocky stuff in its stride.
Really like how the Bosch can spin up and urge you to spin faster, it pulls till you cant spin fast enough in comparison to the 2019 Trance that signs off really early like an old diesel, both have advantages in certain situations.

By far the biggest difference is the battery usage, 20km and 600m climbing and I had 60% left, all on emtb and turbo.
Trance would have been 25% left and only using lowered to 200% on 3rd level.
No more range anxiety!

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Finally stopped raining to give the Rail a skid in the mud....1st climb in its noticeably not as relaxing as the Trance power wise, Rail needs more spinning but rewards for effort unlike the Trance, accelerating on the Rail is awesome, just wants more whereas the Trance wants less cadence more short shifting to get back into power.

1st little downhill was good, bit slippery and still learning new bike, definitely easier to pop front, and rear pops much more playfully, surprising how nimble its feels being a 29er, steering is quicker than Trance even with slacker geo.
Climbing is better too, no front wheel lofting on hairpins, the seat seems to be more over the crank pivot than behind like the Trance.
Plushness is great, Trance was too, didn't really hit any drops or jumps as too slippery but took rocky stuff in its stride.
Really like how the Bosch can spin up and urge you to spin faster, it pulls till you cant spin fast enough in comparison to the 2019 Trance that signs off really early like an old diesel, both have advantages in certain situations.

By far the biggest difference is the battery usage, 20km and 600m climbing and I had 60% left, all on emtb and turbo.
Trance would have been 25% left and only using lowered to 200% on 3rd level.
No more range anxiety!

You're not telling me what I want to hear! haha

But seriously, I'm glad you're enjoying the new bike!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles