Fantic Integra XF1 160 Review

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
On a Motorcycle trail is extremely important and as a road racer for over 20 years I know the hard way what a few mm can do to strait line stability. Having a tank slapper at 280 Km/h is something not to wish for. In the MC world It is very common to work with trail and you are absolutely right, more trail gives more straight line stability and less responsiveness/willingness to turning.

Karsten

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
[QUOTE="Tim29, post: 57325, member: 681"
They took notice. And the 2019 bikes that have already left the plant are being shipped to dealers with a goody bag, so you get new set of tires, stem and bars.
Looks as though Fantic is listening. /QUOTE]
I'm hoping this is why my 160 hasn't arrived yet. It was due in on 26th feb, but now the shop is hoping it'll be here by Friday next week.

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
[QUOTE="Tim29, post: 57325, member: 681"
They took notice. And the 2019 bikes that have already left the plant are being shipped to dealers with a goody bag, so you get new set of tires, stem and bars.
Looks as though Fantic is listening. /QUOTE]
I'm hoping this is why my 160 hasn't arrived yet. It was due in on 26th feb, but now the shop is hoping it'll be here by Friday next week.
i know shipping was delayed. But if your in the UK, i don’t know what is gonna happen for you.
I know the USA models will get a goody bag but have no idea what’s happening world wide.
But i would recommend you put 29x35 front rim and a 27.5x40 rear rim on that bike.
I am lacing up Wtb KOM wheels for the bikes we sell.

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
I had 1 yesterday for a demo at Cannock yesterday and really enjoyed it, but I've only ever ridden a Trek Powerfly before. This Fantic had Hutchinson tyres fitted and they weren't the best. I always thought the Bosch motor was quite quiet until riding the Brose.... Barely hear it.

Overall for what I ride I'm tempted.

ehansen007

Feb 17, 2019
Aliso
Great review Rob. And totally accurate on the 160. And it's amazing how much better the 180 is like you said. I bought the 180 from a dealer here in Southern California with Tim's help and it's been awesome. I did ride the 160 and would agree with all your saying however I didn't ride it for very long. I was disappointed with the Yari fork having ridden Lyrik's the past 10 years and the rear shock just couldn't support the girth of this bike so the coil spring is the best option. The bike has a ton of pop for a 55lbs and I've learned to ride it with it's longer wheel base. I'm doing mostly bike parks right now and while it turns a bit slower I'm thinking I might try my 160 Lyrik from my other bike or just put a 27.5" on the front to quicken it up a bit. But the main reason I bought it, is the design. It's a beautiful bike and although the bike is Italian, the colors are American! :) We call it Captain, America up at the bike park because I use it to tow people up the mountain. Ha! So far the bike has been mostly flawless. It seems the suspension has a knack for noise though. I've taken apart, cleaned, and greased multiple times yet I have to literally oil the shock mount to the linkage or it creaks. I also just got a weird noise coming from the drivetrain but it sounds like it's just a seal. I'll be taking it in to service to see if it's a warranty issue. Normally I do all my own work but don't want this to be a motor/warranty thing Overall the bike has been amazing and so much fun. I've yet to really take it down some proper gnar but working on that. The fork and shock are are just so buttery I don't see it being an issue. I've changed so little on the bike except the stem and bars for a little more reach and leverage. I'll be taking it down some gnar hopefully tomorrow in Laguna Beach and get some video.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles