Exposure light - Charging.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Just to confirm, because
exposure for some reason have scant info on charging, and tbh its just a tad confusing.
To do with the charger light when fully charged.

OK, i plug the charger into the light, then into the mains, then switch on the charger
The light is red.
After the light display reaches 100% is the light still red, or does it change to green.
I ask because I've yet to actually catch it as it hits 100% but from the instructions i get the notion that once the light reaches 100%, I need to keep it charging, but it doesnt say how long.

I've had the light on charge from about 45% till now where it reads 100% and the light on the charger is green.
Does this mean its completely charged and i can unplug it, or do i need to let it continue on, in i suppose trickle charge and if that's the case how long, and will the light on the charger stay green, or do something else - blink perhaps.

Thanks.
I'll leave it a bit longer, as according to Exposure i cant overcharge it. But I'd like to know exactly before switching it off.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Depends on which light you have but essentially they say the led is green during the trickle charge, on the Sixpack they say to leave it charging for another hour after it says 100%.

For mine, I charge until 100% then leave charging for another hour and then disconnect from the charger. Seems to have worked fine for the last year or so 👍

D04D0BA4-B2D8-4CD3-AC15-13C871DA0C6A.jpeg

823505FC-F80B-480D-BEAA-802928EEFB5E.jpeg

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l leave my Maxx D on charge over night so l've often no idea when it gets to 100% or how long it's been charging once it reaches 100%

The light is now over eight years old and is still in fine shape.
l sent it back to Exposure for repair last year, after l crashed and it became intermittent. They repaired it for £17.
They reported the battery to be fully functional and no need to replace it. The light still runs for three hours on full power.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles