ERROR CODE 110000-112100

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
Last year i purchase a cube hybrid 140sl gen 4 and from the first day i have a lot of problems,after 8 months where everytime Bosch send me new spare parts to change(battery,screen,bluetooth,cables,i send the motor back for check)i had after one two rides the error codes 110000,112100.I was very angry and a couple of weeks ago they send me a box of everything new(motor,cable,battery etc).
I made a couple of rides and today again the same error codes,the motor suddenly restarts,shut offs,etc.
Any opinions?Have any of you the same problem?
I will suggest Bosch to do a downgrade and give me a 625 BOSCH KIT(NOT SMART SYSTEM).
In a couple of months close one year of problems...

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
No,
I have changed everything 2 times and the problem is there.
They can't find anything after 9 months,they keep sending parts and they tell me to test every time.
Not even the cube helps me.
I don't know what to do..if i go the courts i will wait for another year for my case

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
What is the error we now,they cannot solve the problem,may be all the batch have the same problem so we replace with no good result

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
In my opinion the primary problem that various bike brands using the Bosch Smart System initially experienced was due to faulty batteries fitted in the LED Remote ( the bikes main controller). That battery is a rechargeable 3.7v lithium cell and is supposed to be charged by the main bike battery when the bike is switched on. If that does not happen, or it is intermittent the LED Remote will close down as soon as its battery reaches a minimum level. The battery is available separately but the easiest and most reliable solution is to change the LED Remote.
I have seen time and time a gain, LBS being advised by Bosch to change cables etc when a fault with cabling on new bikes is very unlikely....and the Bosch Smart System cabling is better than most.

If you cannot be bothered with LBS/Bosch lead times etc, you can buy a new LED Remote for a about £85 (sterling) online and it takes 30 seconds to fit. You just need to pull the cable out of the original, fit the ew one on the bars and refit the cable. You also then need to initiate the Fow App from scratch since it is the LED Remote that identfies the bike. Run the flow app, retaining your Bosch account details but re- initialising the Blutooth connection.

Last edited:

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
Bosch dealer has changed twice the led remote,one screen kiox,two times all the cables,my motor sent for new software to Bosch one time,i has changed brand new motor one time, battery two times and one time speed sensor.
But the problem is there...any time,maybe in one or two rides to be perfect,at the half of one ride appears,or at the start of the ride.Same codes every time.Even the bike doesn't turn on sometimes at all

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
there is no systemic fault with the Bosch Smart System.................thousands of bikes are fitted with it. Since you have had every component changed that just leaves how the system has been fitted, so who is doing the work on the bike??

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
there is no systemic fault with the Bosch Smart System.................thousands of bikes are fitted with it. Since you have had every component changed that just leaves how the system has been fitted, so who is doing the work on the bike??
Cube+bosch authorised dealer of course.The bike is in warranty,2 different bosch dealers have seen the bike,they can't understand what is happening

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
After my visit to the distributor of Cube today ,he changed the connection frame battery,the back plate of kiox screen and again for 4th time the led remote.
He said to me that the led remote have a lot of problems,and he has changed more of 20 pieces in warranty.
Of course again i will have to test it.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
Was there ever a resolution to this? Mines just started with the same error. I have notices pressing the select button on the LED remote acknowledges the error and the bike seems to ride as normal

Tom77

Aug 20, 2022
Greece
Was there ever a resolution to this? Mines just started with the same error. I have notices pressing the select button on the LED remote acknowledges the error and the bike seems to ride as normal
Again they changed me led remote (4 time) battery adapter and kiox holder screen.
I went two rides,at the second one again the problem

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
Well, got up this morning and the error has gone! AI driven self-healing, or flakey? Know where my money is :)

TheColonel

Jun 4, 2023
Preston
Hi all
Whyte e160rsx
Had similar issue with system shutting down but never seen the error 112100 until today.
I had already realised that it was a loose connection of the cable from the motor (out of frame) that was causing the issue. Pushing and wiggling the cable seemed to sort things, but it would occasionally loose power again.
However, after a crash down some rocks today the cable had pulled right out. Again I pushed the connector back in and the system started up again and was perfect for the remaining 19miles of rough terrain.

When I got home I checked the two connectors under the Kiox300 and found that the cable from the remote appeared to be inserted further into the Kiox300. Its difficult to get your fingers around these small connectors so I was obviously not pushing the other dodgy connector in far enough, although 1 have had many rides since the last occurance of the issue.
However, I got some snipe nose pliers and tried to gently push the connector in a little further to line up with the remote cable. There was a slight click and the two connectors lined up.

Hopefully this has solved the problem, the error code has disappeared and the bike functions correctly.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I retrofitted a Kiox 300 to my RSX....which of course means making 3 of those connections. I think the trick is not that you have to push them in really hard but that you line up the white markings on the cable and the Kiox or LED Remote connection and feel when they are fully aligned by rotating the cable very slightly side to side...pushing the cable in fully is then easy. A "click" is confirmation the connection is properly made.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
lol, there are literally thousands of smart system bikes out there operating fine. To the OP I'd be taking the bike to a different dealer it sounds like an assembly issue.
I agree. I bought a Whyte E160 RSX in July 2020 ( Bosch Smart System) and have followed posts both here and on Bike specific groups on FB in order to identify what could go wrong and what resolutions others have found. I think I have only identified one issue which could identified as being specific to the Smart System, the rest most likely associated with (as you stated above) how the bike was assembled or how specific brands have chosen to implement the system.
I have covered 600 miles on my bike with no issues after the first week............ and that issue I diagnosed carefully myself and fixed it myself ( details below).

Bosch Smart System Fault: A dead or weak rechargeable lithium battery in the LED Remote........or possibly a faulty lithium battery integrated thermistor ( which regulates the charging of that battery by the main battery). This is the fault I had and it causes the bike to shut down randomly. What was clear with the tests I did was that the charging of the battery was not consistent. I was due to take the bike to Wales so rather than just change the battery ( yes that can be done and the battery only costs £8 and is readilly available online) I decided to buy a replacement LED Remote ( £80). I changed the remote ( 2 minute job) and no problems since. Yes, I did not take it back to the shop for a fix because it was clear to me LBS knowledge, experience and expertise ( understandably with a new system) was limited to running the Bosch diagnostics...............not much help if the fault is actually in the controller/Led Remote which that diagnostic tool uses to interrogate the rest of the system. I also bought the LED Remote from an online site since it seemed to me the problem was probably due to a bad batch.......and a LBS would order from Bosch support who were more likely to have that same bad batch whereas stock delivered to various Bosch dealers would be different batches.

Non Bosch Smart System Faults:
1. Incorrect or incomplete connection of cables into the LED Remote and/or Kiox if fitted. Incorrect alignment ( not correctly aligning the white markings) initially when the bike is built can also damage the male or female part of that connection so even subsequent correct installation can still cause problems.
2. Insecure battery leading to poor connection and ultimately damage to the battery to main cable cluster connector. This is typically with batteries fitted in downtubes with a removeable cover.
3. Water ingress onto the battery to main cable cluster connector.........again due to poorly sealed removeable covers on downtubes but also possible on Bosch rail type battery installation in a solid downtube especially if the battery to main cable cluster connector is at the top of the downtube. Water ingress in that latter case is most likely due to washing the bike when upside down since the only open access is via the headtube.
4. ( Not sure a bout this one!) I have seen a couple of reports of the wiring harness being replaced because of damage within the run in the downtube..........I find that unlikely unless of course the wiring harness ( by which I assume they are referring to cables that connect the LED Remote to the main connector and main connector to charging port) or battery installation was done wrong in the first place.
5. There are some reports which I guess could be classed as Bosch Smart System faults, associated with the "Lock" facility option and the GPS/Alarm optional accessory. Personally I see no benefit in either function and prefer to keep the electrical function of the bike as simple as possible so have not taken much interest in those reports.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Just had error 11000 on a brand new '23 Cube Stereo 160 that's only done 16 miles. The error popped up mid ride after I switched the bike off for a rest, when I turned it on the error was there, I pressed 'ok' to acknowledge it and the bike rode as per normal and looked like this on the Flow app:

Screenshot_20230707_151637_Flow.jpg

After switching the bike off and driving home in the van for about 20mins I restarted it all and the error has gone.

If it keeps popping up I'll go back to the Cube dealer that I bought it from even though I don't trust them one bit.

Apparently they swap the brake hoses over (they actually told me this) when they receive the bikes from Germany and my rear brake was extremely spongy, like went to the bar when I picked the bike up new, so the 'mechanic' had a look and said that it's totally normal and that he has the same brakes on his bike, they are the best brakes and he'd never use anything else (they are crappy Shimano Deore something-or-other) and that his felt exactly the same, ie: front nice and sharp and rear spongy and pulls to the bar. I insisted it wasn't right so he got another mechanic who apparently also has the same brakes and also said they were fine. They said that it's probably me not knowing how different brakes feel. I currently have MTThirty's, MT7's, Hope Tech 4's and whatever generic Shimanos are ony Wife's bike in my garage so I know what different brakes feel like. So I had to bleed the brakes myself and now the rear is almost perfect, it's almost as sharp as the front.

Wondering if a persistent electrical error keeps popping up that I'll probably get the same nonsense runaround from them 🤔

Last edited:

tseax

Sep 17, 2023
Canada
I bought a new Moustache Samedi 27 Xroad FS 6 yesterday. Got it home. Shut it off. Then turned it on to pair the bike's Kiox 300 with my smartphone and there it was, the dreaded Error 110000. Day one!!! Everyone else got past day one, no?! So I've sent this forum's observations to my bike shop, it's Sunday, so tomorrow when they open, I'll be there. Will share the joy of this doubtless messy discovery as it unfolds...

PXL_20230917_044202540.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles