Bosch gen 4 error code 504

Rail7David

Sep 22, 2020
Tahoe
I just had my ride interrupted by the second 504 code in the last couple of months. I've made no motor modifications. The 1st 504 code was aftrr the 85nm software upgrade. The LBS cleaeed the code and installed a newer software version that had already been released after the 85nm upgrade. I figured this was a patch for the original software upgrade. The second 504 code occurred today. Anyone having similar problems or can offer a solution?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
You know that after 3 x 504 on the 4th time you will be dealing with BOSCH explaining through your lawyer you only ride on private land ? Before motor will be unlocked .

Those are the terms specified in the dealers manual .

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I just had my ride interrupted by the second 504 code in the last couple of months. I've made no motor modifications. The 1st 504 code was aftrr the 85nm software upgrade. The LBS cleaeed the code and installed a newer software version that had already been released after the 85nm upgrade. I figured this was a patch for the original software upgrade. The second 504 code occurred today. Anyone having similar problems or can offer a solution?
I have had the 504 error twice. First time went back to LBS and they did a reset and the 85Nm upgrade. Second time I had to ride the bike for 90 mins in reduced power mode and it reset itself. My bike is not de-restricted, but what I did notice was the rear wheel sensor magnet was covered in brake dust. (mine is mounted on the disc not spoke). I now make sure this is cleaned after every ride, and the error hasn’t come back.
I guess it would be less of an issue if it was spoke mounted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles