Error 64 Haibike All Mountain 7

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Hi all

Has anyone had any experience with the Haibike all mountain m yamaha stating error 64?

Mine displayed it last night and everytime its turned on shows it straight away and the motor won't engage.

Tired turning it off, even left it over night with no battery in it.

I had the displayed changed under the warranty about 3 weeks ago, have been on three rides since.

It went into it on top of a mountain, making an interesting ride home should we say.

I have run the self diagnostic and all I can find is it show the error 64 twice in the error history.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_20210206_075752.jpg

IMG_20210206_075752.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Thank you, I am not sure how to disconnect the controller. I have been using that manual this morning to run the diagnostics.

Are you referring to water going down the vents just under handlebars? It hasn't really got wet there other than when it's being washed, hosepipe only and nor directly on the vents.

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Also should of said no water got in there while I was riding yesterday. There was no rain while riding on pathways mostly for an hour and a half before the error code came on.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I've reread the guide and they list faults for the display separately so I was wrong to think that was the controller. I assume the controller must be the circuit board that's within the motor's casing.

@Bearing Man should be able to advise but I suspect it's going to need the motor replaced under warranty :(

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Now you say that, that makes sense. I was thinking of the controller as the display, controls mounted on the handlebar.

Hope its not that though had a few problems now (not down to the manufactor) with things broken on the bike when I recievd it and Tredz are horrendous with customer services.

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
Now you say that, that makes sense. I was thinking of the controller as the display, controls mounted on the handlebar.

Hope its not that though had a few problems now (not down to the manufactor) with things broken on the bike when I recievd it and Tredz are horrendous with customer services.
I had this on my old lapierre and ended up with a new motor. Replaced under warranty. The code come and went a few times then wouldn’t budge. Game over.
Is it still under warranty?
Bike shop was very good and turned it around in a week.

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Thanks

Yeah it's still under warranty only had it in December.

I have emailed them and phoned shop, but was told there was no one in until Monday I can speak to about it. Fingers crossed I will get it sorted Monday.

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Hi all just an update for you and hopefully you won't ever need to see it on your bikes.

The verdict has come back from Raleigh that the Error 64 is because there is a blown torque sensor. The bike now has to go back into the shop to be stripped down to get the motor serial number and then a replacement motor can be sent out.

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
Hi all just an update for you and hopefully you won't ever need to see it on your bikes.

The verdict has come back from Raleigh that the Error 64 is because there is a blown torque sensor. The bike now has to go back into the shop to be stripped down to get the motor serial number and then a replacement motor can be sent out.
Hello there.
I was told it was part of the speed controller that is built into the motor. Old motor goes off to be assessed.
Good news is you should get the most up to date motor with latest mods done and this won’t happen again.
Hopefully you get your bike turned around as quick as mine was.
New motor certainly sounded different to old one.
Will be interested to hear how you get on?
Unfortunately I sold the bike after only 40 miles. Not because I wasn’t happy with it but upgraded bike.
Still with a Yamaha motor ?

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Thanks thats a bit of reassurance because it was in my head, what if this happens again and again.

Its a shame so far as I absolutely love the bike. Rides perfectly for me climbing or just straight charging dh. The motor was great, I have covered about 300miles before the error code. There is a couple of different motors in the group I ride with and they are all operating roughly on par.

Sounds like there may be a batch fault problem then.

What did you change to out of interest?

[/QUOTE]
Hello there.
I was told it was part of the speed controller that is built into the motor. Old motor goes off to be assessed.
Good news is you should get the most up to date motor with latest mods done and this won’t happen again.
Hopefully you get your bike turned around as quick as mine was.
New motor certainly sounded different to old one.
Will be interested to hear how you get on?
Unfortunately I sold the bike after only 40 miles. Not because I wasn’t happy with it but upgraded bike.
Still with a Yamaha motor ?

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Hi, picked the bike up Tuesday.

Its had a full motor replacement under the warranty. I haven't taken it out yet though. Nothing was explained about it being a newer version in any capacity, so not sure if it's an isolated matter so to speak. However it's makes complete sense that if there is a number of the same incidents, upgrades or new versions would be put into the manufactoring going forward.

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
Glad you are sorted.

Hi, picked the bike up Tuesday.

Its had a full motor replacement under the warranty. I haven't taken it out yet though. Nothing was explained about it being a newer version in any capacity, so not sure if it's an isolated matter so to speak. However it's makes complete sense that if there is a number of the same incidents, upgrades or new versions would be put into the manufactoring going forward.

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Just an update, had the bike back after a full motor replacement took about three weeks in total.

Did 28miles, 3619ft of climbing on the bike, some big DH runs. It's running like a dream.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles