Ergon SM E-Mountain Sport Men saddle

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I've got one on my Levo and find the lip at the back a benefit for staying seated and riding uphill.
It is bit firm and I was sore at first, but it took me a couple of rides to get used to it as I hadn't been riding properly for some time so think I would have had the same with any seat.

There's a thread on the saddle here:
Anyone try Ergon's new E- Mtb saddle? - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I find Ergon saddles (I've used both the regular and the e bike one) uncomfortable. Have gone back to my old Charge Spoon.

Also I don't see the need for the rear lip, I certainly don't feel the lack of it. If I'm climbing steep enough to need it I'm off the saddle weight forwards anyway.

HTH.

Mattseaford

Apr 19, 2020
Seaford
I've got one on my Levo and find the lip at the back a benefit for staying seated and riding uphill.
It is bit firm and I was sore at first, but it took me a couple of rides to get used to it as I hadn't been riding properly for some time so think I would have had the same with any seat.

There's a thread on the saddle here:
Anyone try Ergon's new E- Mtb saddle? - EMTB Forums
Great thanks ?

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Done 100mls on mine, more comfortable than std Giant seat. The lip does keep your back end planted on climbs. Not uncomfortable and took some hours to break in. The most comfortable seat I’ve ever used, had two, Fabric Scoop.
When I change I’ll go back to them.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Hi Matt
Let us know if this saddle is more comfortable than my Giant saddle.:(

After trying a giant saddle I've found a plank of 4 by 2 wrapped in wire would be more comfortable.

Giant saddles are like the plastic pedals that come on new bikes. They put them there to troll you.

Mattseaford

Apr 19, 2020
Seaford
After trying a giant saddle I've found a plank of 4 by 2 wrapped in wire would be more comfortable.

Giant saddles are like the plastic pedals that come on new bikes. They put them there to troll you.
Your absolutely spot on there, they are awful?

Mattseaford

Apr 19, 2020
Seaford
Done 100mls on mine, more comfortable than std Giant seat. The lip does keep your back end planted on climbs. Not uncomfortable and took some hours to break in. The most comfortable seat I’ve ever used, had two, Fabric Scoop.
When I change I’ll go back to them.
Many thanks for your post, I think from the mixed reviews coming in, that saddle comfort is specific to each individual so fingers crossed I find it fits me well????

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

I replaced my Giant saddle straight away as it was painful, and was amazed to discover them for sale from Giant at a retail price of £70....................... so not quite like the plastic pedals that come with bikes.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I use the Ergon SMD2 downhill saddle which makes a road bike saddle look like a sofa, just shows that not all rear ends are the same! They make top quality saddles

Produkte · Ergon Bike

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I replaced my Giant saddle straight away as it was painful, and was amazed to discover them for sale from Giant at a retail price of £70....................... so not quite like the plastic pedals that come with bikes.

I could put a £70 on a shit I did. Doesn't mean it's worth it. They should be no more than a pair of cheap pedals.

Ndp78

Apr 21, 2020
Bedfordshire
I have one and love it, I have to sit down to pedal due to knee issues and fit the scooped rear really supportive and able to push into it a lot, especially on climbs.
Like they say there is a saddle for every butt, one definitely does fit all. My advice is try at a shop, a good shop will let it be fitted and you can sit on it at least to find if the shape, width etc is good. Unfortunately the only way to really find out is to ride, but then you can’t really take it back, unless the shop is really good.

johnnyartois

Mar 20, 2019
Uk
I have used the ergon saddle for 500 miles happy to recommend. 100kg rider merida 900e 160. On my analogue bike I use a specialized henge 155 wide, is also a very good option.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I tried Ergon's SMC4 after years of using their grips. Didn't like the saddle and returned it, got a Selle Royal Scientia Moderate/Medium (after riding on their saddles for 10 years) and like it.

Mattseaford

Apr 19, 2020
Seaford
I have one and love it, I have to sit down to pedal due to knee issues and fit the scooped rear really supportive and able to push into it a lot, especially on climbs.
Like they say there is a saddle for every butt, one definitely does fit all. My advice is try at a shop, a good shop will let it be fitted and you can sit on it at least to find if the shape, width etc is good. Unfortunately the only way to really find out is to ride, but then you can’t really take it back, unless the shop is really good.
Due to the lock down I decided to take a chance so I have ordered it, looking forward to trying it out?? Thanks for your feedback??

AdrianJW

Aug 26, 2018
Oxford
I have used the ergon saddle for 500 miles happy to recommend. 100kg rider merida 900e 160. On my analogue bike I use a specialized henge 155 wide, is also a very good option.
I’ve ordered this ebike specific saddle from Ergon, does anyone have any reviews on one?
I fitted one to my Merida eONE-SIXTY 900E a year ago and have been very pleased with it. The standard Merida saddle wasn’t uncomfortable, but the Ergon is even better and the rear raised lip is definitely an advantage on steep climbs when seated.
EMBN rate them highly.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Two rides in and I'm very happy with mine. Surprisingly, I have a small/medium, and it's so much more comfortable than the Trek saddle it's just not funny.

Last edited:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I'm trying to decide between on of these or the Ergon SMC Sports Gel Saddle.

Same price, slight different tech.

Mmm....??
i went for the smc4 gel because i like being able to get behind the saddle and back on easily. The stock specialized was chaffing the inside of my thighs , the ergon i don't think about which is a good thing

Mattseaford

Apr 19, 2020
Seaford
I'm trying to decide between on of these or the Ergon SMC Sports Gel Saddle.

Same price, slight different tech.

Mmm....??
I’ve had mine for just under a week now and I absolutely love it, it’s still a little firm but its ? to the giant stock saddle ?

Mattseaford

Apr 19, 2020
Seaford
I fitted one to my Merida eONE-SIXTY 900E a year ago and have been very pleased with it. The standard Merida saddle wasn’t uncomfortable, but the Ergon is even better and the rear raised lip is definitely an advantage on steep climbs when seated.
EMBN rate them highly.
I agree Adrian, I love mine?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles