eONE-FORTY 400 Rear shock options

link omthsed

Jul 26, 2021
UK
Hi,

i first got the bike to aid in much needed weight loss and when trying bikes in the shop this was one of the few i was able to get the sag right "just" with a huge amount of psi (290 out of the max 300). I've used my bike for around 150 miles now and started to notice I'm getting a huge amount of pedal strikes on places i did not before. this is not on large rocks or anything but normal small roots which before my pedal would not be close to them at all. i checked my sag and now its nowhere close so i checked the air and it was still at 290 so i added a extra 10 to its max and no difference. The annoying thing is i have lost a lot of weight since i got it 19KG but still can't get close to the sag i had before. I've also noticed the lockout seems to be a lot less effective when riding on the road from when i first got it. I'm new to this so anything i can do to get it working as it did when i first started riding or more likely i was just asking to much of the poor thing and it needs replacing.

if I'm replacing/upgrading I'd like to go coil as i've been told they will work better for a heaver rider. in another thread i read that stock shock size is 205x57.5 trunnion so i found in that size ROCKSHOX COIL with this spring (not sure if that's right length)at 650. using the Spring Calculator on the web site (if i've out the right details in Shock Stroke 57.5mm , wheel travel 133mm and my weight with gear 140KG) it recommends 644 Spring poundage. I've tried to research as much information before posting but likely most the information i read was wrong and I'm going in the whole wrong direct :) so any advise of what i should be looking for is appreciated.

Studley

Aug 24, 2020
QLD Australia
The stock shock has a manufacturing issue - the wrong grade of grease is used and it clogs a port, eventually causing the 2 air chambers to equalise. The shock fails to extend to full travel and pedal strikes ensue. Mine failed every 150km until suntour got my local to rebuild it with fox oil. 500km since and no issues.

If you do want to upgrade, stock is 205x57.5 however you can fit a 205x60 and end up with a bit more travel.
Rockshox and DVO have 205x57.5, for Fox and Marzocchi you will need to go 205x60. Marzocchi coils are great value

Not sure about other countries but in Aus Rockshox 205x60 is a common size with brands and they can be found cheap second hand.
For me fork is a higher priority to upgrade though.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
The stock shock has a manufacturing issue - the wrong grade of grease is used and it clogs a port, eventually causing the 2 air chambers to equalise. The shock fails to extend to full travel and pedal strikes ensue. Mine failed every 150km until suntour got my local to rebuild it with fox oil. 500km since and no issues.

If you do want to upgrade, stock is 205x57.5 however you can fit a 205x60 and end up with a bit more travel.
Rockshox and DVO have 205x57.5, for Fox and Marzocchi you will need to go 205x60. Marzocchi coils are great value

Not sure about other countries but in Aus Rockshox 205x60 is a common size with brands and they can be found cheap second hand.
For me fork is a higher priority to upgrade though.

Thanks for the heads up on the shock my Mrs has the same bike and she loves it maybe I had better not ride it as I am a lot heavier than her shame as it ride so good and is one of the easiest bikes to wheelie lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles