Rear Shock Options for 2019 Merida e160 900e

Meradeath

Jul 19, 2021
Victoria
I'm in Australia and have a 2019 Merida e160 900e, I bought a 630wh battery and mount kit only to discover that the piggy back on the shock (Fox X2 Air) contacts the battery when the rear suspension is compressed. Has anyone upgraded/replaced their rear shock, if so would it allow more clearance? I have been searching and not sure what I'm looking at as the top of my shock doesn't seem to match any of the available options. Cheers

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Can't you rotate the piggy back? Should be able to set it up at 90 degrees.

The top of your shock has a Trunion mount. Just look for that option in something like a Fox DPS.

Gordon

Meradeath

Jul 19, 2021
Victoria
The shock cannot be rotated and if I replace it I want same or higher spec shock. I have seen a couple coil options but not sure what exactly it is that I need.

Shock.jpg

TGR

Jul 20, 2021
Wellington. New Zealand
The shock cannot be rotated and if I replace it I want same or higher spec shock. I have seen a couple coil options but not sure what exactly it is that I need.

View attachment 66927
Hi. Just wondering what size frame you have and how much the reservoir hit the battery by? I was thinking of doing the same thing but wasn’t sure if bigger battery would fit. The only non reservoir shock you can get is a Rockshox Delux Ultimate trunnion mount, 205mm eye to eye with 65mm travel. Probably not as high spec as the fox but best you can do.

Meradeath

Jul 19, 2021
Victoria
Cheers, mine is a L the res scrapes down across it in an arc, but I don't believe it would take long to wear a hole in it.

Xfrysian

Oct 4, 2022
Nederland
I had the same issue, an L frame and the rearshock piggy back rubs the 630W battery. I rode it for a few months and noticed the piggy back and battery both got damaged. Only visual damage, no breaks or holes(yet)but got worse every time i rode. So i decided to buy the Rockshox Delux Ultimate trunnion mount, 205mm eye to eye with 65mm travel. It works fine for me, did not notice very big changes in riding comfort. My bodyweight is 110 kg by the way. Keeping the originol shock as a spare.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles