Energypak plus 250Wh battery question

Damo_nz

Mar 4, 2020
New Zealand
Have a Reign e+1 on order. Could the smaller battery be used without larger 500Wh fitted. The thought of a quick 15-20km lap with smaller 2.5kg battery as option would be cool. If it only works inconjuction with big battery, why is that? Cheers.

Damo_nz

Mar 4, 2020
New Zealand
Thanks. Yes saw that option. But can you not fit the big packs (500Wh or 625Wh) and only fit the little extender 250Wh? It hasn't been promoted so presume it doesn't work in that configuration but not sure why. Some other brands now offer a small pack only.

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
I am not 100% sure how the Reign battery fits, but if my trans was ridden with out the main battery then all the mud and muck would go straight on the battery connection area. So I would not suggest this and that area needs to be kept clean. Also are the main frame batteries part of the frames integrity ? may be not. But once you get your bike you will see that ridding it with out the battery would be bad idea.

Damo_nz

Mar 4, 2020
New Zealand
Thanks. I have a Trance e+1 and believe it's similar so not a stressed integral component. Agree - it would need a cover which would be relatively simple. Was just an idea but will await receipt of new bike to give it a whirl. Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles