EMTB Forums Members Map

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Hee, hee, "... a token gesture."
I'm so honored to be "let in" to this esteemed forum.
Seriously I find this forum to be polite and helpful. So How does one pay for the subscription required?

On another mtb forum I was mercilessly derided for owning an e-mtb that had 2 wheel drive, 2 batteries and dual suspension AND weighed 95 pounds (the bike, not me).
I explained that yes, it was a "monster" e-mtb, not an agile, trail hopping e-mtb, but a "Jeep" so to speak, and a utility bike with which I could haul out over 50 kilos of boned-out elk or mule deer meat here in the American mountain west. Still that was not good enough and I was subjected to more derision and told my $5,200. bike was "junk". Au contraire! it has quite a respectable mix of international components from Shimano Japanese gear set to Rok Shocks American shocks ("dampners" to Brits) and Korean Samsung batteries. No matter, "I was not worthy."
My mother maybe raised a crazy son but not a stupid one. I quit the forum in a message to the administrators. I felt relief, sorta like the feeling you get when you stop beating your head against a wall. :sneaky:

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I've shared your pain when it comes to being derided on other forums..
Long before I ever owned an ebike and having ridden a normal mtb for 20 years or so I hired one for a day and was so taken by it that I wrote a post on a forum ( won't give them the time of day by naming it) saying how much fun I'd had and that this type of mtb was going to be the future ..all of a sudden I was public enemy no.1..
Not to be deterred I stuck around on that forum for another couple of years and defended the ebike whenever there was an " anti " article ..until the wankers were well and truly silenced by its rise in popularity ..
This forum is " home" now ..I don't bother with those other antique versions anymore ..and don't want to say " I told you so" ..but hey.." I told you so " 😂

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
I've shared your pain when it comes to being derided on other forums..
Long before I ever owned an ebike and having ridden a normal mtb for 20 years or so I hired one for a day and was so taken by it that I wrote a post on a forum ( won't give them the time of day by naming it) saying how much fun I'd had and that this type of mtb was going to be the future ..all of a sudden I was public enemy no.1..
Not to be deterred I stuck around on that forum for another couple of years and defended the ebike whenever there was an " anti " article ..until the wankers were well and truly silenced by its rise in popularity ..
This forum is " home" now ..I don't bother with those other antique versions anymore ..and don't want to say " I told you so" ..but hey.." I told you so " 😂
That's a funny story Hodge on how you got into emtb'ing. I had a similar experience. I've had my analog Trek hanging unused in my basement for years. Last summer I was standing in my son's garage and he was showing me his used emtb Giant Trance that he just bought for $1800. He said "take it for a ride". I went around the block and "that's all it took".
It magically erased all the hills! I pulled back into his driveway and said "I want one".

Now 9 months and 3 ebikes later, I've probably racked up over 2,000 miles. I'm 74 and have mild arteritis, yet I now find myself doing 30 miles plus an outing and can be found driving my suv and bike to single track trails in places I never even knew existed in my region.

To me, any ebike with a throttle is just the equivalent of one of those Walmart mobility carts. I really like the ability to bring up my heart rate by lowering my assist level depending on the terrain. So even though ebikes are assisted . . . I'm making my own hills during my rides by lowering my assist levels.

Last edited:

Al-ec

Subscriber
Mar 4, 2024
West Wales
Added. Few folk out west. Normally never see anyone out on the local trails but over the last year met eMTBers every other ride so there are definitely lots out there.

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Added myself to the map...didn't know it existed...pretty cool tool. My small community is Hawley, Texas, and I don't live right in town. And really, I'm probably considered more in the Abilene, Texas area as a more recognizable city in Texas.

bazxa

Jan 18, 2022
Heathcote NSW Australia
Added myself to the map...didn't know it existed...pretty cool tool. My small community is Hawley, Texas, and I don't live right in town. And really, I'm probably considered more in the Abilene, Texas area as a more recognizable city in Texas.
Had to have a look , I'm on the other side of the world. Wow it is flat out there. Hope you enjoy the forum

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Had to have a look , I'm on the other side of the world. Wow it is flat out there. Hope you enjoy the forum
Look just a few miles to the west. This is our off road club location on Texana Ranch. You can google that name, along with Ross Creek Trail Riders.
IMG_20240224_131728087_HDR.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles