Emergency tyre inflation?

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
So after swapping my 2.5 Dhf to 2.3 high rollers (which I'm happy with) and watching even the guys at the bike shop really struggle and say to me "let's hope you don't get a puncture in middle of nowhere, is there anything I can do so I could at least ride back to car? Any tyre weld or anything I can just blast in inner tube just to rescue me home? Got 4 days off work and planning to go to peak District for about 5 hours one day but really don't want to be stuck up a hill with a puncture.

Also on a side note if anyone knows a good carpark to park in that's close to trials and climbing the hills it would be very helpful ,?.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
1 learn to fit tyres

2 find a better bike shop

Greno/Warncliff top car park (Sheffield)

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
I want somewhere that's more about the scenary and climbing big hills then actual DH tracks or jumps. Is this still the best place to go?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
We always carry this goop (along with a spare tube) with us on extended rides. A single can will seat the bead and fully inflate a 27.5x3.0 tire (tested at home in the garage). Al Boneta mentioned it in post #35 of the "bits and bobs" thread.

gup.jpg

It's also handy for tubed tires. We've found that one can can seal six or more flats - just squirt a shot directly thru the presta valve.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I want somewhere that's more about the scenary and climbing big hills then actual DH tracks or jumps. Is this still the best place to go?
No. not at all I was messin with you.
Although the XC loop isn't too difficult and the views from the top aren't bad.
It's the only place in the peaks I know.

But seriously... Learn how to dismount and mount tyres. it's pretty much the most important trailside fix any mtber needs to know

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
take spare inner tube and a old toothpaste tube cut and flattend out to act as a tyre boot in case you rip the tyre..... a chocolate bar wrapper can do the same job

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles