EMBN presenter

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I click on most videos but tend to skip through a lot of it as they just repeat stuff from previous videos. I think they would be better off going to one or two videos a week instead of a vid every day.
A lot of videos are just premotions for channel sponsors with the presenters being told what to say rather than having their own opinion, I'd like to hear what they actually think of the stuff they are flogging.

It's a shame if Adam has gone, I actually thought he was a good presenter with a lot of knowledge of the industry and he teamed up with Steve well.

Blake's still a legend, Neil and Issac are good too.

I like Anna, but I just can't take her seriously on the tech show. I don't think she has anywhere near the knowledge or passion that Doddy had for tech.

It's still sometimes worth a watch, but I think they need to concentrate on quality material instead of quantity of videos.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
I wonder if it's ever occurred that their boast of a video every day is not necessarily a good thing?
They must have incredible funding or they charge a sh*t load for a review, either way its boring, outdated and no longer relevant which possibly the reason that anyone with credibility has left the building.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I only ever watched Doddy who was seriously knowledgeable. I saw the same decline with Windsurfing mags and yt channels once the initial period of rapid development of kit slowed down and the sport matured. There is still plenty to talk a bout and to lobby for in the world of EMTB but that is not going to happen on channels largely dependant on advertising by the bike industry sadly. Some of those topics do however get openly discussed here and just has happened with Windsurfing you learn more on this sort of channel about the products on offer..worts and all!
Sometimes even on the sponsored channels the truth shines through though..........e.g. Steve on EMBN trying to show the relative range achievable on a "light" EMTB v a full fat, gasping for breath as he tries to give commentary on his 2nd lap climb on the "light" EMTB :ROFLMAO:

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
I unsubbed some time ago , the channel provided no value to me at all.

I think their target audience are people new to riding , not just E riding in particular. I say that because anyone that's been around MTBs even if only for a couple of years will quickly realise the channel is just an advertising tool and nothing they say can be taken seriously.
Credit to all the presenters that walked away too , I think that says a lot about the channel.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I gave up on embn when I was buying my first Kenevo, and was watching the ‘Levo vs Kenevo’ video, to try and figure out which to buy. Not a hard comparison to make given how wildly different the two bikes were, the 2018 Levo was borderline XC geometry and the Ken is a bulldozer.

Embn’s opinion ‘they’re both great bikes’. Sure…but which one suits what riding style?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Too, to, two.

The contention is you cannot trust their bought & paid for reviews because they're y'know,, bought & paid for. That & the constant output of videos in a subject where there's only so much to say leads to a channel that has 475 how to wheelie videos. On this Canyon/Orbea/Nukeproof/Ergon/Crank Brothers/Garmin bike.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
That’s a general issue with all (free) YT content I guess. But it’s a source more for any information I am looking for. As for everything in life, there is never THE ONE source. The selection and combination of information creates a guidance. In the end it’s your choice.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
martin, neil, blake, rich, anna, jones, Isaac and the new curly haired one plus god knows how many others in the background doing filming and production.
That's a lot of merch to sell. I don't know where the money comes from.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Four revenue streams. Merch, sponsorship, Youtube & GMBN racing subs. Probably a bit off the bike trip they run each year too

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It's occurred Isaac has gone. Not to dunk on the guy but not seen him for months & the function of his charisma may be related.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Play Sports Network, under which GMBN, GCN, EMBN & GTN live made losses of £7.5m in the last available accounts, 2022 & £10m in 2021.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Yeah looks like Isaac left In January without any fanfare according to his LinkedIn...

1712229195401.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles