Eddy Currents vs. Magic Mary's?

Telewacker

Sep 19, 2021
Concord CA
I've been very happy with my Eddy Currents but I'm curious if anybody has compared them to the Magic Marys? I'm in NorCal in the bulk of my riding is loose over hard pack however in the rainy season the trails I ride are tacky with great grip. I avoid mud if it all possible so I'm not looking for a tire for sloppy conditions. Any thoughts?

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
I had Mullet Eddy Currents on my Turbo Levo. They worked well on hard packed bike parks, in the woods with slippery roots not so good. I have now MM/BB combo on my Status and they work even better on loose over hard pack. These 2.4, Eddies were 2.6…and of course on different bike 😀. Anyway I haven`t ridden these on real muddy/rainy conditions so cannot comment on that, but so far I love them, not going back to Eddies. Turbo has now continental der barons and those are excellent tires, but next I`ll test MM/BB on that too…

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Nothing lasts like the eddy currents. Magic Mary is a great tire, but in the loose over hard it rolls the sharp edges off in no time. Also the tall block move around and give more vague handling.

I'm also in Norcal. Eddy current for the win unless you are riding loam and even then I'll stick with the eddy currents.

It's the sharp edges that give you the grip.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles