Ebike stands?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi all,

It’s official, I have taken the plunge and purchased an ebike ?. Thank you very very much ccrdave for selling me your excellent condition Turbo Levo which I picked up on Wednesday evening.

During the ebike pick up process I realised that there are things I now need to start thinking about that are ‘ebike’ specific.....

One thing that came to mind was the stand I have for lifting the rear wheel of my bike for washing and lubing the chain on my analogue bikes. All of my analogue bikes having hollowtech cranks so I use an ‘Andystand’ for this purpose. This stand is unfortunately not an option for the Levo as the Levo does not have hollowtech ?

I have also discovered that you can’t spin the cranks backwards on my Levo like you can with an analogue bike to lube the chain so this is now a painful task for me as I am so used to using the above method for this. The stand also allows me to quickly spin through the gears to check all is ok.

I have found a few possible options on the Internet (please see below) but these are in Italy, not in the UK....

My question to you all is..... what do you use?

View attachment 379 View attachment 380 View attachment 381 View attachment 381 View attachment 382
Screenshot_20240320-071016.png
Screenshot_20240319-134528.png

Was a one-off!😑

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Picked up a really nice bike stand/work stand.
Both wheels are off the ground , wheels spin. you can work on brakes or lube your chain.

Wheels make it easy to move your bike around in your crowded garage.

Its adjustable on the front and back platforms, and the front platform pivots the angle fore/aft.

Front platform also has adjustable width, for different size downtubes.

Fits Heckler and Heckler SL. Probably fits most EMTBS.

Its made in Italy, I convinced him to ship. I will probably be getting another, if anyone wants in on a group purchase.

He's on ebay also .https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/pch_parts?user_context=BUYER

Products

I was his first US buyer, so I told him I would give some reviews...

View attachment 138365 View attachment 138366 View attachment 138367 View attachment 138368
Sweet. I was just getting ready to build up a wooden jig-like stand with a downtube and motor cradle out of frustration. Maybe I won't have to now 😎

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Wow that is one expensive stand, add shipping + and you can get a nice Park Tools work stand for less ! The Park would be overkill but unfortunately the price point on that stand needs to come down by at least 50% to make it reasonable. Just my thoughts.(thanks for the review) 😎

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Wow that is one expensive stand, add shipping + and you can get a nice Park Tools work stand for less ! The Park would be overkill but unfortunately the price point on that stand needs to come down by at least 50% to make it reasonable. Just my thoughts.(thanks for the review) 😎
It looks like abt 100 USD, if no VAX (from Italy doesn't use the tax somehow). Sure, $50 would be awesome, but given nothing commercially is out there yet (surprisingly) and that seems a sturdier style while allowing all-wheel/crank access....I'd do a bengy max! Aluminum would lighter and better for camping setups💸

Thinking out load here...I'm still gonna use the lumber (2"x6") from my old truck bed slider fork-mount tray rack and see if I can make a stable, similar mount with screws and metal brackets. Would still save $100 bones and recycle my analogue tray rack too. (Damn lumber prices crazy high!). ☠️

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

The Park stand sucks for an eMTB. The load on the seatpost is too much IMO.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Picked up a really nice bike stand/work stand.
Both wheels are off the ground , wheels spin. you can work on brakes or lube your chain.

Wheels make it easy to move your bike around in your crowded garage.

Its adjustable on the front and back platforms, and the front platform pivots the angle fore/aft.

Front platform also has adjustable width, for different size downtubes.

Fits Heckler and Heckler SL. Probably fits most EMTBS.

Its made in Italy, I convinced him to ship. I will probably be getting another, if anyone wants in on a group purchase.

He's on ebay also .https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/pch_parts?user_context=BUYER

Products

I was his first US buyer, so I told him I would give some reviews...

Tried to order one, but the site doesn't permit USA orders.

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Check this out , Pricey but well built and will last a lifetime

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Check this out , Pricey but well built and will last a lifetime
Yep. It's been out about a year or so.....super sturdy but no front wheel access. I do like the lightweight all aluminum.👍

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
You can back the front wheel in easy , see
Yep. But on a cradle-type design stand you can access both wheels without touching the rig if you need to remove the front wheel. Just preferences. Hence, why I referred to it as all-access. Just a matter of what the purpose is. It's fantastic engineering at a reasonable price but just gives rear lift access only without repositioning to lift the front. The motor cradle solves that and is more desirable...at least to me.

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Yep. But on a cradle-type design stand you can access both wheels without touching the rig if you need to remove the front wheel. Just preferences. Hence, why I referred to it as all-access. Just a matter of what the purpose is. It's fantastic engineering at a reasonable price but just gives rear lift access only without repositioning to lift the front. The motor cradle solves that and is more desirable...at least to me.
Yes true , so u need both :) nice Park or Feedback and this beauty , I only have a Park PCS , But not sure holding all the weight on the seat post is a good idea , although it less then me , but then in the opposite direction :) , but this enduro engineering will not be good for fork or front brake bleeds etc ,

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Yes true , so u need both :) nice Park or Feedback and this beauty , I only have a Park PCS , But not sure holding all the weight on the seat post is a good idea , although it less then me , but then in the opposite direction :)
Well, I've got one steel foldable Park (heavy) home-stand and a nice aluminum Spin doctor tripod mobile stand to do hardcore repairs.

A cradle stand is just smaller and more convenient at the trailhead or campsite. Or home to just to prop up freestanding (like my feedback rear wheel stand). Acts just like a stand but can do minor repairs or tuning. Convenience and compactness are the key features.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I bought this arm thing last year and love it. I have it just high enough the front wheel is just a few mm off the ground and works for both my bikes. I have my chargers on the wall next to it. Perfect for charging and basic maintenance.

IMG_5731.jpeg

IMG_5732.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles