E8000 w011 code and speed sensor issue

Yamamonster600

Sep 9, 2021
Macon, Ga
Scott spark with the e8000, only 642 miles. Started having issues during a ride. Felt the motor cut out and looked down, sporadic speed readings all the way to the 90's. Then back to normal. Did some searching and figured i'd change the speed sensor. No change, same issue. Decided to check all connections. Bike was powered on, pulled speed sensor and display cables out, powered down bike, plugged cables back in. Tested bike in neighborhood, no issues. Went for a ride on the trail no sporadic speed changes. Then I started having issues with speed dropping to zero and W011 codes. Doesn't happen unless I'm pedaling. Came home and checked all cables, all were firmly connected. Going to grease all connectors , motor had a firmware upgrade so I updated it. Will test again but not feeling to confident.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Some recommendations:
The distance from magnet to sensor should be 3 - 17mm
The rear wheel should be in good shape, if it wobbles then the distance sensor to magnet will be changing.
The magnet position should be as in attached image

magnet.jpg

Yamamonster600

Sep 9, 2021
Macon, Ga
Some recommendations:
The distance from magnet to sensor should be 3 - 17mm
The rear wheel should be in good shape, if it wobbles then the distance sensor to magnet will be changing.
The magnet position should be as in attached image

View attachment 71977
Thanks for your help. Magnet is in the brake rotor so not thinking this is the issue. Also it's very intermittent. Can ride for a mile or two without it having a issue or it can happen several times in a short distance.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
I had E11, and my issue was a bent derailleur hanger. When DI2 shifter expected second cog the bent hanger had the chain in first cog, so the calculated speed was not the speed measured by the sensor, so it threw an E11 error

Last edited:

B52

Jul 11, 2022
Brasov
Hello, ca i ask you how did you fix the porblem? Cos i have the same problem with the same scott ebike. Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles