E8000 speed sensor - should it show in the e-tube app?

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Hi there
I’m trying to trouble shoot some intermittent drive problems I’ve experienced and I’m getting a speed sensor failure message on my Garmin. Can anyone tell me if the SM-DUE11 speed sensor should show up in the list of components when I connect the app through my EW-EN100? Mine presently does,not show but I’m not getting any errors in the app either...

Any insight appreciated

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont think it does, IIRC The battery, motor, control switch, and headhunit will show up as the listed components. Have you checked the connection from the speed sensor to the motor?

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
I dont think it does, IIRC The battery, motor, control switch, and headhunit will show up as the listed components. Have you checked the connection from the speed sensor to the motor?

Thanks for your reply

I haven’t physically checked the condition of the cable - I suspect I may have damaged it when I had to drop the motor to release a chain jam (I got impatient waiting for the tool to remove the spider). I have ordered a replacement which may arrive tomorrow

Is there a way to check the speed sensor is working electronically? Via the app or the PC software?

Much appreciated

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
To be clear I am not using a Shimano speed display as I’m using the EW-EN100, I guess I could plug in the original E8000 display to check

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
To be clear I am not using a Shimano speed display as I’m using the EW-EN100, I guess I could plug in the original E8000 display to check
No worries - I have the EW-EN100 too - you can log on using the E-Tube ride app and this replicates the shimano display

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles