E8000 display error

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
Hi All
The bike and motor are working fine but when I try to connect the etube app I get an error message. The app lets me connect via bluetooth but when I try to change anything the error message show. Unfortunately it does not say which wire is the possible culprit.
I disconnected and reconnected the 2 wires at the display unit as they are the most obvious ones but continue to get the same message.
Anyone had a similar error and managed to solve it?

IMG_0212[2680].PNG

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
One of the wires is for the mode switch, so it is almost certainly the "other" wire. Be sure it is fully seated (there's a tool for it, but you'll feel a distinct "click" when it is properly installed).

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
Hi Rick
Get the same distinct click when pressing home both connections. Do you happen to know which wire is which?

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Hi Rick
Get the same distinct click when pressing home both connections. Do you happen to know which wire is which?

The one not connected to the mode switch. ;-) Usually it's routed along the handlebar so should be easy to trace. Or just unplug one and turn on the bike. If you can't change assist modes, you've sorted it.

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
There could be a another wire connection between the motor and display unit somewhere along the downtube depending on your motor/display combo.

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
One wire goes into stem , I assume this is the one leading to mode switch and the other goes into the frame. Disconnecting the one leading to the display unit has no effect on the problem. Th one leading into the frame results in display unit not switching on. I guess this is the culprit but it looks like battery etc will need removed in order to trace it.
Will try Focus web site incase they have any diagrams.
There could be a another wire connection between the motor and display unit somewhere along the downtube depending on your motor/display combo.
It is a Focus Jam2 with e8000 motor and sc8000 display. There are only 2 wires coming from display , one of which goes into the frame via same port used for gear and brake cables. I assume this goes to the motor.
The motor works and the 3 assist levels work, the issue is the etube app. While it connects via bluetooth it keeps telling me there is a loose wire and therefore will not allow me to adjust assistance modes.

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
If the bike is working fine then unplugging cables won't help. It's the app that's not working. You have put the bike into BT mode, I assume?

Delete and re-load the app. Try it on a different device. Try STUnlocker.

E-tube isn't the most reliable app on the market.

Gordon

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
If the bike is working fine then unplugging cables won't help. It's the app that's not working. You have put the bike into BT mode, I assume?

Delete and re-load the app. Try it on a different device. Try STUnlocker.

E-tube isn't the most reliable app on the market.

Gordon
Yes , selected Bluetooth LE and app accepts passkey. Also got someone else to try using their phone with same result. Not tried STUnlocker will download it and give it a try.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles