e160 - lyrik convert to 170mm

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Nice, didn’t know you can do 180...
How are you finding it to ride?
I feel the fork is optimal in this length, it seems to work nicer. Very smooth but also plenty of support and ramp up when it gets into the travel. I have removed all but 1 volume spacer and dropped the air pressure right down from what i was running @ 160mm with 2 spacers.

I'm no pro but it certainly gives me confidence to go hard downhill. Climbing technical and steep bits i think i have lost a little there, the higher front end makes it a little harder to keep the front down. You need to weight the bars to compensate this, i've removed all the spacers below the stem to off-set the raised from end and drop the bars 15-20mm.

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
I feel the fork is optimal in this length, it seems to work nicer. Very smooth but also plenty of support and ramp up when it gets into the travel. I have removed all but 1 volume spacer and dropped the air pressure right down from what i was running @ 160mm with 2 spacers.

I'm no pro but it certainly gives me confidence to go hard downhill. Climbing technical and steep bits i think i have lost a little there, the higher front end makes it a little harder to keep the front down. You need to weight the bars to compensate this, i've removed all the spacers below the stem to off-set the raised from end and drop the bars 15-20mm.

You converted the original fork to 180mm or bought a 180mm 650b fork?

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Is that with the Fox 36 E-forks 27.5/29 forks Dan? Didn't think you could do that as I beleive they have thicker stanchions with Fox 34 internals? Would love to get a few more mm's out of my forks

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Is that with the Fox 36 E-forks 27.5/29 forks Dan? Didn't think you could do that as I beleive they have thicker stanchions with Fox 34 internals? Would love to get a few more mm's out of my forks
Hey mate, mine was the RS Lyrik, and you're right. 36 ebike runs 34 internals and is limited to 160mm :(

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
:cautious: oh well, they are still a pretty good fork as is, should just learn to push it a bit more. Starting to come good and had a ride out a Wamuran last weekend and felt maybe 90% back to normal. Health care worker so no extended down time for me to spend self isolating in the forestry. Still good still to be getting paid.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
:cautious: oh well, they are still a pretty good fork as is, should just learn to push it a bit more. Starting to come good and had a ride out a Wamuran last weekend and felt maybe 90% back to normal. Health care worker so no extended down time for me to spend self isolating in the forestry. Still good still to be getting paid.
Sounds good to me. I am still at work, but can work from home without too much interruption. I think i will get out for a daily ride if/when i do end up at home :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles