e160 900E - how many volume spacers in the fork

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how many volume spacers are in the Fox36 Factory fork on the 900E?
Fox fork manual that came with the bike is in German and one section days 1 spacer, the other 3 spacers.

Ta.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
open it up and look. it's a 5 min job
that way you'll know for sure rather than trusting that your fork has the same number of spacers as random replys off the internet

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
you can do it carefully with an adjustable
(if you have one ;) )

Thanks Gary, I have many adjustable spanners. Bought the bike last week, don't want to go heavy on it.
It's Sunday here and just playing with suspension setup. I have a Snap-On 32mm spanner at work so I can do it tomorrow, but just wanted to check right now. It is Grip2 damper, and I played for last couple of days with setting it to my liking, but cannot dial up the small bump sensitivity as good as it is on my other bike RS Revelation 140mm fork (Focus Jam2).
Got a feeling that an extra spacer may help me.

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
Thanks Gary, I have many adjustable spanners. Bought the bike last week, don't want to go heavy on it.
It's Sunday here and just playing with suspension setup. I have a Snap-On 32mm spanner at work so I can do it tomorrow, but just wanted to check right now. It is Grip2 damper, and I played for last couple of days with setting it to my liking, but cannot dial up the small bump sensitivity as good as it is on my other bike RS Revelation 140mm fork (Focus Jam2).
Got a feeling that an extra spacer may help me.

Best is to use a special socket without a chamfer and even better if it’s a pretty color.

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Easy job with an adjustable spanner, just keep plenty of pressure on top so it doesn’t slip and damage the head.
My 900e came with 3 spacers. I removed one to get the correct travel.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Mine came with three, I'm down to one at the moment. Having a hard time getting them to feel good, they feel a bit dead on washboardy stuff. What settings are we all using

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles