E10 wiring harness extension

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys and gals,

Where can you get an extension for the triangular cable (green one) which goes into the LCD Screen? Does anyone know? I've got an extra large frame and if I crash and the bar goes to the left it rips out.

Alternatively, has anyone made a mount to put the LCD on the Frame near the headset rather than on the bars?

Cheers,
Chris!

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I have found one! Here is the link if you need to buy an extension.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Hi Chris,

I have the same issue of cable length being too short. As per attached image, my cable has already started to deteriorate at the display plug.

I'm thinking of getting an extension cable but cutting the existing cable, then cutting the extension cable and splicing them together. That way I get the cable length needed, without the excess length and weight of just plugging in the extension.

I figure it's only a matter of time before the existing frayed cable breaks anyway so that plug would be useless in any case.

Just out of curiosity, how tall are you?
I'm 188cms and have the XL (21") frame.

IMG_20211013_093226_638.jpg

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I'm 192 (6"2). I think its largely because Dengfu have never actually put these bikes to test, so dumb problems like this don't pop until we tell them, and then Dengfu probably don't give too much of a shit :D

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I'm 192 (6"2). I think its largely because Dengfu have never actually put these bikes to test, so dumb problems like this don't pop until we tell them, and then Dengfu probably don't give too much of a shit :D
new rev (DPC241 display) have longer wire

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Too bad that you're in Europe or I would have taken you up on that!
No problem mate. I had an issue with my cable from motor to display like on the picture from Dengfu above, and I bought the extension cable to cut and replace the defect connection to the display plug. But then I found the original full length cable and replaced the whole thing. Always good to have a spare in stock….

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Sunburnt Willy and I are having problems with the end of the cable on my bike. Would you mind showing us how you replaced yours? The problem is the plug is so small and fiddly and it making it hard.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I replaced the whole cable from motor to display. My problem was, that I only have 1,5 cm spacers under the stem, and I mount my phone for navigation on the top tube. In case of steering more then 90 degree, or a crash, the cable is bended over the top tube / phone, which caused a cable break and error 30. So I replaced it completely. Can You please describe more precisely what problem You have? Plug in the cable into the display?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles