E Sommet Touch Up Paint

Marlon

Feb 15, 2022
Cornwall
Has anyone had any success getting touch up paint for their bikes?

Been in touch with Wiggle and Vitus and they both suggested taking the bike to the paint shop for colour matching.

Mine is the Oryx White (chewing gum white) one

I do see that VW do an Oryx White - maybe its the same colour

Cheers

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
When I bought my e-sommet, I got 3 small bottles of paint that were the same color as the bike. so Crc and wiggle should have paint in your colour.

Marlon

Feb 15, 2022
Cornwall
When I bought my e-sommet, I got 3 small bottles of paint that were the same color as the bike. so Crc and wiggle should have paint in your colour.

I'd hoped that as well. Sadly both Wiggle and Vitus have advised the following

"Unfortunately we no longer send these out with the bikes are the paint is now classed as hazardous so we cannot ship it to our warehouse from the factory"

Maybe I'll have to go the paint scan route.....

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Marlon Get yourself down to Halfords and have a good look in the car paint section. If they won't let you in with your bike, take a pic on your phone with you (that you are happy is a good representation).

Don't assume that the nationality of the car company has to be the same as that of the bike. My blue Focus (German) bike had a Peugot (French) colour and was a 100% perfect match. The red on my Merida (Taiwan) was a Hyundai (South Korea) colour and almost perfect. Halford's standard Satin Black is good enough for scratches to match the black on the Merida.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I'd hoped that as well. Sadly both Wiggle and Vitus have advised the following

"Unfortunately we no longer send these out with the bikes are the paint is now classed as hazardous so we cannot ship it to our warehouse from the factory"

Maybe I'll have to go the paint scan route.....

Okay, I almost suspected that could be a reason, but you should be able to get the color code from crc / wiggle and then find it in some local store

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles