E Booz battery extender DO NOT BUY

Jam2rider68

Sep 24, 2019
Tewkesbury
Well nothing really but you do sound like you could use some.
I was replying to Zimmer as his reference to Aussies was a little off.
But to keep on topic, I understand your frustration. I’ve ordered parts before from overseas and have had a similar experience to you. Not as much money but I guess it’s the risk we take.
I don’t use Facebook so you could imagine my frustration when I am now a weirdo because apparently that’s the standard form of communication these days.
I can only suggest to try not dwell on this as in the end it is just a battery and there are far more pressing issues I am sure. I have learnt that when dealing with other people you will always be disappointed at some stage or another and there is not a great deal that you can do to change that.
Getting angry about this is only going to make you unhappier and stressed out. Both which aren’t a good thing.
At least you have now gotten a response from them and your battery is on its way, that’s a positive thing, maybe try focus on that and start planning some big rides!
I don’t mind waiting for things but when you’ve paid them hundreds of pounds and they won’t even answer emails it’s really frustrating. Will Facebook them later and make sure if they’ve dispatched it. If not I’m gonna ask for money back. What a shoddy company.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I don’t mind waiting for things but when you’ve paid them hundreds of pounds and they won’t even answer emails it’s really frustrating. Will Facebook them later and make sure if they’ve dispatched it. If not I’m gonna ask for money back. What a shoddy company.
Yeah it is shit.
Hopefully it works out and you’ll be back on the trails blazing away soon!

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
Think i'm going to bite the bullet and put a tec pak on the old plastic sooner or later. like you i bought a 2019 focus and got a good deal but didn't realize how fast these tec paks would vanish. My question is can you only use them with a focus bike if so i think they'll vanish within a couple of months altogether .

Jam2rider68

Sep 24, 2019
Tewkesbury
Think i'm going to bite the bullet and put a tec pak on the old plastic sooner or later. like you i bought a 2019 focus and got a good deal but didn't realize how fast these tec paks would vanish. My question is can you only use them with a focus bike if so i think they'll vanish within a couple of months altogether .
Only for focus bikes. Think ruttland cycles are due some in in January ?

Jam2rider68

Sep 24, 2019
Tewkesbury
Well my ebooz battery has turned up at last. I went for the larger of the two batteries but a word of warning I’ve got a medium frame and the large battery just fits in in frame but leaves no room for cable so I had to adapt my bottle cage to let battery sit further down. From what I can tell it’s a quality piece of kit shame the company is so bad. Paid for battery emailed 3 times finally got answer on their Facebook page after a month then they finally dispatched it. Not a good advert for their company with such a good product real shame.

C01648A2-1F0F-4156-BEF5-C1601910CFFC.jpeg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Woah! That's a big lad.

I went for the smaller one as I already have a TEC pack (came with bike) but I carry my E-booz (252ah) as a reserve power supply just in case I need it to get me home as I have to negotiate a 1000ft climb.

Your power cable looks better made than mine, does it have a join halfway along it?

Jam2rider68

Sep 24, 2019
Tewkesbury
Woah! That's a big lad.

I went for the smaller one as I already have a TEC pack (came with bike) but I carry my E-booz (252ah) as a reserve power supply just in case I need it to get me home as I have to negotiate a 1000ft climb.

Your power cable looks better made than mine, does it have a join halfway along it?
Bit of a join near plug but we’ll shrink wrapped. Does it work at same time as internal battery so effectively your running one battery?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Bit of a join near plug but we’ll shrink wrapped. Does it work at same time as internal battery so effectively your running one battery?

If it ever starts to play up, check that joint. Mine kept failing, intermittently at first, and I thought it was the magnetic plug, but it was the soldered joint.

Once the E-booz is connected, it takes over from the inbuilt battery, be it at the start or the end of a ride. Not sure what happens when it completely empties as I have not experienced that yet as I have been using my Canyon for the last few months as my Focus has turned out to be rather unreliable (mainly Shimano bits). I would imagine you have to disconnect it.

Jam2rider68

Sep 24, 2019
Tewkesbury
If it ever starts to play up, check that joint. Mine kept failing, intermittently at first, and I thought it was the magnetic plug, but it was the soldered joint.

Once the E-booz is connected, it takes over from the inbuilt battery, be it at the start or the end of a ride. Not sure what happens when it completely empties as I have not experienced that yet as I have been using my Canyon for the last few months as my Focus has turned out to be rather unreliable (mainly Shimano bits). I would imagine you have to disconnect it.
Yes I think you do have to disconnect it bit like tec pac you have to switch power on and off I do believe. Cheers for wireing info mate ?

Jaanos

Jul 21, 2020
Whistler
Well my ebooz battery has turned up at last. I went for the larger of the two batteries but a word of warning I’ve got a medium frame and the large battery just fits in in frame but leaves no room for cable so I had to adapt my bottle cage to let battery sit further down. From what I can tell it’s a quality piece of kit shame the company is so bad. Paid for battery emailed 3 times finally got answer on their Facebook page after a month then they finally dispatched it. Not a good advert for their company with such a good product real shame.

Hi Jam2rider68, just wondering if you could offer a quick note on how your eBooze pack functions? Does the bike turn on instantly when you plug it in? I've rigged up a home made TEC pack and this is what happens with mine which is different to my actual focus TEC pack. A little concerned this may be causing issues internally but figured if the eBooze pack behaves the same then it should be ok. Thanks in advance for your help.

BackHol3

Aug 26, 2019
Finland
I've been trying to contact E-booz Through email and Facebook messenger, but hey don't answer nothing?!! Very odd customer care, like they dont excist!

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK

View attachment 21936
Hi when order do you have to email them and tell them it’s for a focus and to supply the magnetic cable

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I wouldn'tn order them anything now, because they dont answer emails or Facebook messages. I don' t know what they are doing.

I've been trying to get some information from them about what to order for the Focus system, they replied to my initial query, but not to my last one about three weeks ago, their product may be good but their communication doesn't seem to be...

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
@Jam2rider68 and @Peaky Rider what are your thoughts on the E-booz batteries? They seemed to have changed the connection for the Focus system as it has the Rosenberg socket on top, I assume to plug the Focus lead in to...

The concept is great but the construction, in my case (I was a very early adopter), was pants. Delivery was about as excruciating as the lack of a dentist to deal with your toothache during this current pandemic.

Back in 2018 mine came, eventually, with the Rosenberg connector which are very difficult to get hold of so, if you buy one, don't lose the connecting cables.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
The concept is great but the construction, in my case (I was a very early adopter), was pants. Delivery was about as excruciating as the lack of a dentist to deal with your toothache during this current pandemic.

Back in 2018 mine came, eventually, with the Rosenberg connector which are very difficult to get hold of so, if you buy one, don't lose the connecting cables.

Thanks for your reply, has it proved reliable in terms of the actual battery?

The new one looks like the this...
IMG_1555-scaled.jpg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Thanks for your reply, has it proved reliable in terms of the actual battery?

The new one looks like the this...
View attachment 45035

I've had no problems with the actual battery, just that it arrived, after six weeks of waiting, with a cracked end cover and when in use the connecting cable suffered two solder joint breakages.

From your photograph it looks like the Rosenberg is now also used on the battery pack itself (this wasn't the case with mine, just the bike frame) so they may be using the same lead as the TEC pack. This is very robust lead so, as long as they actually deliver, you could be looking at a very useful product.

Using this extender gives you a battery of 600+ wh and I get about twelve to fifteen miles extra out of it which makes the bike just about perfect.

BackHol3

Aug 26, 2019
Finland
Thx, for input. I've been looking also this new ebooz 2.0 for my focus jam2, but their very poor communication towards customers is only thing to worry and I'm not sure they deserve my support to buying Their product.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Thx, for input. I've been looking also this new ebooz 2.0 for my focus jam2, but their very poor communication towards customers is only thing to worry and I'm not sure they deserve my support to buying Their product.

I agree but unfortunately there aren't many other options.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
And do you know what really pisses me off. I’ve got a 2 month old 2019 focus jam2 6.8 plus which is a lovely bike BUT focus we’re going on about how great a smaller battery is and now they’ve upped their battery size on 2020 bikes to neatly 700 instead of the 352 I have in mine so feeling really ripped off now. Just sent focus a shitty email thought I’d feel better but I don’t. May be a as new focus for sale the way I’m feeling now ?????
It sounds as though you weren't happy with the bike the way it was when you bought it. Things always change for better or worse. The trick is to buy what you like at the time and be happy with it; future changes are inevitable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles