E bike storage

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
need some ideas about storing my new e-bike in the garage, previously I had 2 bikes (MTB and road bike ) hanging on the wall by hooks and that was fine, then I bought a 3rd gravel bike and had to shuffle the 2 bike mounts together and add a 3rd space for the gravel, which meant it was hard work getting to the MTB in/out as I had to turn it round and then lift it up and line the bars up with a few hooks to get it onto the wall.
in my mind I'm thinking of some sort of wheel mounts that can be fixed to the floor and wall, and then i can just put the bike onto it's back wheel and wheel it into the mount and stick it in there, but is there such a thing for 2.6" tyres?
the garage is small (3x5) and there's 3 bikes that need to live there whilst leaving most of the floor free for normal stuff so i think they have to be stored vertically..

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I use a Steadyrack, perfect fir my Levo with 2.6 tyres, they have different sizes too so you can get what you need, not cheap but work really well. There's lots of vids on Youtube showing how versatile they are, like being able to swing the bike from side to side. lots of uk suppliers too.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I've had my eye on one for a while now. Finally reorganised our garage yesterday and ordered one and looking forward to installing it.
I'd have loved to also buy one for my wife's Riese & Müller Nevo 3, but it has a long front mudguard. Steadyrack do a "Fender" option that would fit under the mudguard, but has a max weight of 25 KG. The Nevo is around 30 with battery :(

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I've had my eye on one for a while now. Finally reorganised our garage yesterday and ordered one and looking forward to installing it.
I'd have loved to also buy one for my wife's Riese & Müller Nevo 3, but it has a long front mudguard. Steadyrack do a "Fender" option that would fit under the mudguard, but has a max weight of 25 KG. The Nevo is around 30 with battery :(

Thats a shame, I have the MTB rack and can use it with a Crud XL fitted, I only discovered this after forgetting to take it off and putting the bike onto the rack.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
got the steadyrack in the post, must have been drunk whilst ordering and just got the regular version ? have re-ordered the MTB version.

I think I would just about get the 2.6" tyres into the regular version but it would be very tight and it would need rammed in/out. might decide to use for one of my other bikes anyway

Last edited:

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
got the steadyrack in the post, must have been drunk whilst ordering and just got the regular version ? have re-ordered the MTB version.

I think I would just about get the 2.6" tyres into the regular version but it would be very tight and it would need rammed in/out. might decide to use for one of my other bikes anyway
You won’t believe how much shit I have ordered being drunk. When the shit arrives the Tuesday after: What the fuck moments !

Slightly off topic... I know ;-)

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Installed the Steady Rack yesterday. Works really well.
Just one small tip if you're installing one somewhere where there is a relatively low ceiling: allow space above the rack for your front wheel to fit under the ceiling! It's a bit of a squeeze on mine, but not so bad that I can be bothered to move it down 1cm. We doing a full refurb of the garage in the summer, so I'll probably do it then.

Great product!

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
I thing these things are great, e bike is so easy to get on/off the rack.
rather than send the first one back that I ordered by mistake I used that for one of my other bikes, the fact that I can move the road bike towards the corner when I want to get to the e-bike is brilliant

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles