E - bike prices will drop in the future

Timmygp

Jul 29, 2018
Lake Charles la
You have to admit, e bike prices are pretty expensive. Is the general consensus prices will drop as the technology gets better, like the flat screen tv.
Also with dipshit trump putting terrifs on e bikes from China, that is going to raise prices in the US at least 25% until at least that idiot is gone.
I ordered a 2019 Trek Powerfly 5 fs for $4,599 ($200 off for summer sale) It is suppose to arrive his week, now I am having cold feet on buying it, the price is getting me.... it would be used for goofing around town and some trail riding.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I'm sure they will get cheaper, but in the mean time, you will love the trek on the trails :)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Also with dipshit trump putting terrifs on e bikes from China.
You can’t really call the guy a dipshit. He knows how to spell “tariffs” correctly.
Just kidding, he is beneath my contempt

As for Chinese Ebikes, I am glad they are putting tariffs on them. A lot of that stuff is crap to begin with. Now Taiwan will be producing more Ebikes and the quality will go up.
I don’t really see prices going down all that much. My biggest line of bikes is Specialized and they increased prices and freight costs.
Inflation is a whore

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Prices have never gone down on quality bikes, I don't expect they will with a quailty ebike either. Will you be able to buy increasingly cheap ebikes though? Sure, if you want to buy junk at Walmart
Or that piece of shit they have at Costco

Timmygp

Jul 29, 2018
Lake Charles la
Great news - tax free weekend at the bike store, my bike comes in tomorrow so I can take advantage of that and save about an additional $400!!! Gonna be tearing up my 2019 powerfly fs 5 this weekend, charging the GoPro batteries as we speak!! And Donald Trump can go choke on a big o’ld Dick!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles