Back to the future day

GT LTS1

Jun 11, 2020
Zurich, Switzerland
Hi everyone,
great to join the forum, look forward to the discussions.

So whats it all about? bought the eponymous bike in 1997 at great expense (it seemed at the time) as one of the first full suspension MTB's, and I loved it, still do. Rode for 22 years thick and thin in Richmond Park and Switzerland. However now in mid 50's and while still doing regular 30mins MTB workout blasts around the (hilly) village I found myself shying away from the 2 hour/ 30K trail rides that had me exploring the glorious Zuri Oberland. As you can see from the profile pic the old fashioned Geo has me hunched over and the old neck now just got too stiff to do that and numerous climbs.
So what with lockdown and some sunny weather 22 years seemed like a good point to move on. And wow! what an experience. Having been basically in an MTB coma for those years (didn't know what 27.5 and 29 meant!? - LTS seems is 26 btw and that seemed ok) it feels like I have been transported to 'back to the future' day and been given a hover-board or flying car! what are these eMTB like! just love it, go anywhere do anything with all the same thrill on the coolest bikes you can imagine. weekend nice workout, cruise, sightsee, tour, whatever...

So a cube stereo action team 160 size L/20 . And why? well basically I do occasionally throw it down some steep stuff but not the rule or alpine climbs and for sure some dense forest and undergrowth so I thought go with the most off-road I can. That said 75% on trails and seems fine and am sure 140/29er would be great, just never got to try as 160/27.5 was in the shop and they said could not order anything else from cube. Also all the other brands XT stuff (that I do remember from LTS) seemed way more expensive and frankly looked boring compared with Action Team , of course a personal view. A short test run seemed to ride ok, I am 177cm and 90Kg and tables say M/18 but can stand over ok so to be honest could not really imagine going with anything smaller, therefore my steer would be go a size bigger than the tables, but maybe I don't ride as intended, don't know, hey I didn't even know seat posts went up and down !
Added some fenders (mudguards) and a monkey link supernova pro front light to come. Dipped , full beam and running lights, always available, how cool is that!

hope not too much by way of intro and look forward to sharing my experiences in this brave new world of eMTB.

PS Bitten well and truly, shopping with the missus this weekend for her e-bike, keep you posted.

GT LTS1

Jun 11, 2020
Zurich, Switzerland
Here is the Cube
20200605_210024.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The GT LTS was fairly ahead of the curve in '97 TBH
things have definitely moved on and improved in the two decades since though.
and I'm not just talking about the hoverboard motor technology ;)

Were you as disappointed as me when you realised this

M1X_Rose_Gold_Chrome-1559572468.jpg

Was all we were getting after 30 years of waiting for "hoverboards" to materialise?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles