Hi from Switzerland, and the bikes of price...

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Hi People,
Just checking in, a long time biker, started with mtb, moved to road bikes, now I am back to my first love, mtb, but with a motor and full sus!
My new e bike is a Price Bikes e all mountain, hence the title. A slightly stupid name, if you google them, you just get loads of "price of bike" hits.
It's a swiss brand, great value for money, super well put together, my road bike was a Price, didnt have to turn a screw on it until i wore the rims out with braking.
My new bike is 2019, got 1000 francs off, xt brakes n gears, bosch gen 4, actually the only fs bike in town i could actually buy, the guy in the lbs seems ok, if a bit taciturn. Gave the update for free, and I am super happy with the bike.
5490ad18-660b-42fb-b3f5-4c5d973f95fe.jpg

Ponk

May 17, 2020
Switzerland AG.
Look great, similar experience in CH looking for a bike, not much choice, quite a few less well known brands, some Swiss brands too like Bixs, plenty available, looked nice bikes, hardly any reviews And sales staff were hardly pushing a sale or offering a test ride! Often the available models were a colour I just couldn’t live with. Also can agree on the sales staff, bit hit n miss. If I found a bike it was usually only in L and too big. Finally got a Cannondale Habit, black and M. For my type of trail and touring the Jura, it’s perfect. Love the look of the Price in black!

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Thanks!
Yeah, the black does give it a kind of darth vador charm! Im not really into the beige and pale green paint jobs at the moment, so i was glad to find a bike I like in a strong colour. And the paint on Price bikes is absolutely rock hard!
I agree wholeheartedly, some of the service here is very crappy.
Congrats on the Cannondale, looks great. I avoid cannondales in switzerland, the strange cannondale parts one needs from time to time are hard to find here, and I had an unbelievable email exchange with the "official" cannondale dealers here, whilst trying to upgrade lefty rigid forks to suspension, the first reply I got was "why do you want to get a new fork? is your current fork broken?", and it went downhill from there, and not in a good way, I had to just give up.

Ponk

May 17, 2020
Switzerland AG.
After sales service can be a lottery, I have 2 big bike shops locally where I tested bikes, both seems very good, got previous bikes from them for wife and daughter. Hopefully I don’t need to test them though! What part of CH are you in? I’m in middle of AG.

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
After sales service can be a lottery, I have 2 big bike shops locally where I tested bikes, both seems very good, got previous bikes from them for wife and daughter. Hopefully I don’t need to test them though! What part of CH are you in? I’m in middle of AG.
I'm in ZH city. I find the service varies a lot depending on the staff, some are great, some seem to want to annoy the customer. Veloplus Oerlikon are mostly good, Veloplus ZH not so much. Mway, hmmmm, but they don't have any bikes anyway! edit: where did you get your bikes?

Ponk

May 17, 2020
Switzerland AG.
Cool, Mway, yeh bit of a mixed bag. Bauersport Wettingen I can really recommend, I got mine from TS-Velos and they were excellent. My Cube non emtb I got from Bikehouse Balsthal and they were also excelent.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles