E bike haters..

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
I live in N California. Lots of ebike hate here. I average one or two negative commenters per ride. In fairness there’s usually one or two that are genuinely interested as well. Yesterday a guy pushing his bike up the hill called me a cheater. I usually hold my tongue but I let out laughing, “Yeah, says the guy PUSHING his bike up the hill.” ?. Just slipped out.

It’s just a matter of time. Just like snowboarding was to skiing I suspect 5yrs from now ebike sales will rival analog.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Hi I’ve had the same thing ...a friend who I was riding with , also on an e mtb just smiled and said to the guy “ I used to have one of them “ ?...the guys face went a funny colour then fell silent as we left him in our warp trail ?

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
I live in N California. Lots of ebike hate here. I average one or two negative commenters per ride. In fairness there’s usually one or two that are genuinely interested as well. Yesterday a guy pushing his bike up the hill called me a cheater. I usually hold my tongue but I let out laughing, “Yeah, says the guy PUSHING his bike up the hill.” ?. Just slipped out.

It’s just a matter of time. Just like snowboarding was to skiing I suspect 5yrs from now ebike sales will rival analog.
I’m in northern CA as well. Totally agree. Happened yesterday. Riding an ebike here is the equivalent of wearing a big red MAGA hat. People get triggered! ?

Punisher

Nov 12, 2019
Fr
Same in France.
At the beginning, I didn't answer. Then I tried to be nice and to explain.
Now, I slap each time an asshole doesn't respect me.
This is sade but you can't expect insult somebody without have to assume consequences

oz555

Dec 24, 2019
North Wales
I live 20 minutes drive from my local bike park. 2.5 hour turnaround on my old bike plus loading.

Recently bought a Whyte E150 and now I ride to the park from home cross country/back lanes and I’m back in 2-2.5hours having had twice as much fun as I ever had on a non Ebike and saved a tenner in fuel and parking.

I’m a bit of a fitness nut and definitely didn’t buy it for an easier ride. It just fills in all the blanks that I felt were missing on a mountain bike.

I’m literally doing power wheelies out of steep technical uphill hairpins with a big grin on face having just passed non Ebikes with exhausted riders grinding to a halt having totally lost the flow of the ride.

If people want t find fault with that I couldn’t care less.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I assume they are Mormons/ Luddites who always reject new technology, I feel sorry for them being brainwashed that way as they can't have all the fun we get...

Bobajobbob

Aug 5, 2020
Kent UK
Anyone who thinks they hate ebikes hasn’t ridden an ebike. The OP must be trolling with the twattish comment about money however.

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
Classic holiday exchange:

“Sweet moped. Where’d u get it?”

“Your moms house, came highly recommended.”

*silence*

I’m growing less tolerant.?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles