Levo Gen 2 DtSwiss Centrelock hub compatability issues

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
Hi. After reading great reviews of the DT swiss e1900 wheelset I bought it as it comes with adapters for 6bolt rotors so I thought all will be well.....but.... unfortunately the adapter pins are too short for hope floating rotors:mad:...so I spoke to hope and they thought the Shimano centrelock to 6bolt adapters would work....this made sense as it has bolts not cast pins for the 6 bolts....but it still has a locking ring and I've just noted that the speed sensor magnet is bolted on to the outside of the rotor via 2 of the bolts....which will interfere with the lockring?. So it seems I can use the wheels either without a rear brake? or the speed sensor? or send the wheelset back......unless anyone out there has found a way or an adapter to run this wheelset on a 2019 turbo levo and still have use of the motor and brakes?. If anyone has an answer I'll be forever indebted.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
A friend of mine had the exact same problem with this wheelset but since he runs shimano breaks he switched to a centerlock disk with included magnet. You could just stick a neodymium magnet on the disk like discribed in this thread.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I have just done the same with a Crank Brother rear wheel.
I had to get a new 6 bolt rotor and fitted one of these magnets from Berkshire Cycles
“Very” quick service

0AADE32B-9E15-4B34-9CC3-F797C263D8DC.jpeg

If you read my post, others have glued magnets to discs and works fine!
I just need my wheel circumference changed.

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
Unfortunately even with a Shimano centrelock adapter I can't get the hope floating rotors to sit right and spin freely even with filing it down a bit to fit inside the recess on the inner face of the carrier(spider?) of the rotor. Regrettably I've tried everything and that's without trying the rear wheel. It just doesn't want to fit perfectly with this type of rotor so I'm gonna have to give up? and have a brand new wheelset to sell off below normal price if anyone is interested.?

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Very odd!
I installed the Uber bike rotors and installed the same on the front with the Uber Bike adaptor
perhaps it’s the thickness of the Hope rotors, noting the centre flange is machined thinner on the Uber rotors & there is a shim washer that could perhaps be removed on the securing nut
Hope you get it sorted

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
Interesting...I'll take s look but these wheels are costing me a fortune in adapters. The only other option might be to ditch the coloured floating rotors but I only bought them 4months ago and I'm reluctant to do that

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Interesting...I'll take s look but these wheels are costing me a fortune in adapters. The only other option might be to ditch the coloured floating rotors but I only bought them 4months ago and I'm reluctant to do that

Been there, Would of given up, had I not fitted the tyre with sealant - passing the point of return
I’ve a slight run out on the front disc which I’m switching off to and didn’t want the further expense!
Though once fitted, it really transforms the bike!

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
Thanks ...and yes I have bought that locking but it is the floating rotors thickness that seems to be causing my problem.

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
I may try filing the Shimano centrelock adapter a little bit more just to be sure but then that's it.....this has been a niggly little problem/costly mistake....and I think I've reached the end of the road (trail?) so to speak.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I found the 29er very lazy and couldn’t throw around, to which I put down to wheel flex,
I went with 35mm wheel for stiffness and shod with 2.4 tyre, which is on the limit, in the thinking Crank Brothers purposely make there rear wheels stiff!

I can now connect with the bike and it responds predictably with the ability to bite the rear and throw the front around, hiding the weight of the bike.
There is notable difference in BB height and pedal strike, though think that’s more my bad riding and mistiming.
The geometry change is also notable, the bike corners better and is more self aligned.

Once fitted the geometry change can be seen with brake lever position, I turned my bars and altered saddle & lowered the Stem, whilst still adjusting rear tyre pressure, I’m more than happy with the changes.
Though admittedly I’m not much of a jumper, the new set up, does inspire confidence to land

Its possibly placebo as I’d came from a 27.5”+ hard tail, though it’s certainly feels much different & better on both trail and road!

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Hi. After reading great reviews of the DT swiss e1900 wheelset I bought it as it comes with adapters for 6bolt rotors so I thought all will be well.....but.... unfortunately the adapter pins are too short for hope floating rotors:mad:...so I spoke to hope and they thought the Shimano centrelock to 6bolt adapters would work....this made sense as it has bolts not cast pins for the 6 bolts....but it still has a locking ring and I've just noted that the speed sensor magnet is bolted on to the outside of the rotor via 2 of the bolts....which will interfere with the lockring?. So it seems I can use the wheels either without a rear brake? or the speed sensor? or send the wheelset back......unless anyone out there has found a way or an adapter to run this wheelset on a 2019 turbo levo and still have use of the motor and brakes?. If anyone has an answer I'll be forever indebted.
I have e1700 and shimano adapters all works fine i think i purchased the specy part with magnet integrated and solved the issue

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles