Dropper post on 2019 Levo S-Works

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
After slightly raising my seat post about 5mm in the frame, the dropper now no longer works, and it is stuck in the fully up position, and the lever on the bar seems to move with less resistance than before.

Has something become dislodged? I want to ride it this weekend, but can't get to my dealer before next week. Looking in the Service workbook, it seems I need to cut the cable at the lever to be able to pull the command post out from the frame seat tube, in order to inspect the cable at the bottom of the post! Ouch

Any one done this?

Thanks

Last edited:

208rider

May 22, 2019
Boise, Idaho
The cable end probably slipped off on the bottom if the post. Remove the lever so that you can feed some of the cable into the frame then pull your dropper post out and inspect. They are very simple and you can typically spot anything that could be an issue.

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Do not cut the cable, most likely it just disconnected from the seat post. Loosen the clamp and try to slowly pull the dropper to have a look, as advised above remove the lever from the handle bar and feed the cable while you pull the dropper. It should be an easy fix. The cable has a barrel at the end that attaches to the post, it could also have been a little loose and slipped on the cable.

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
Thank you all, really appreciate the responses. I was concerned that it would not be possible to feed more of the seat post control cable through as it does a 180 degree loop round a spigot on the motor casing.

However you were all right, it feeds through just fine, and it had indeed come unattached at the base, so all fixed now.

Interestingly, my cockpit cables are all covered by a spiral cable tidy which helps keep it looking neat, but needs to be removed for this type of work (though easily re wound back on). Do all Levos have this? I was wondering if it is a Spesh thing, or the dealer did it.

Thanks again,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles