Dropper post cable replacement.......

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
I have an AllMtn 5.0 2020 model with the Flyon motor.
My dropper post is pretty stiff to use and stopped working altogether yesterday.
Time for a new cable I think.
Anyone done to?? Easy job?? Motor out?? Any tips??

Cheers

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Easy and yes, motor out. I have a Jackwire low friction cable kit ready to go on if and when I ever use the dropper post and decide it’s not working.

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Yes motor out and a real pig of a job to do ?‍?..
in fact so bad I did away with mine & bought a blue tooth seat post ( expensive yes )
Best thing I ever did ..
so much smother easer to maintain
Consider it ?? You won’t regret it

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I’ve replaced the inner a couple of times. The tricky part is setting the post height and pulling back the slack to avoid it kinking. Set the post height and clamp it then work back up to the lever.

I like the sound of the Bluetooth unit.

Never had a dropper in my life until the eeb. Didn’t realise I needed one!

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
I've pulled the pin and ordered the Magura Bluetooth one.
More Toys means I win.
You won’t regret it …
when my bike arrived from the shop the cable on my dropper post wasn’t connected…
that’s when I realised it was going to be painfull as I had to strip half the bike to connect it ??

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
I had to push hard on the lever, now i know why, the outer cable was much too long, so by pressing the post in the frame, the cable coiled up.

A few weeks ago i replaced all the cable's en hose's by orange Jagwire's, i adjusted the outer cable by pushing down cable with the post to the desired height, removed the post, pushed the cable 2 cm up, put the motor back in place so the cable wouldn't move, at the front cut the cable at length, then feed the inner cable and post back in, bit of pulling on the inner cable and i did feel the outer cable pop in place, cut the inner at the lever and adjusted it.

Result is a world of difference, ok... the post is not the fastest one, but the hard pushing is over.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles