Dogs, what would you do in this situation then ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Had a nasty one a few years ago riding with a mate who had a dog go for him, he kicked out at it to fend it off & the owner shouted 'Touch my dog & I'll kick the f*** out of you'. Broad daylight, plenty of people around to see it. Said on here a few times I really don't think there's many bad dogs about but no end of shitty entitled owners.

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
this isn't me but I'm sure we've all experienced something similar

EDIT: just to say the rider did sustain bite punctures and heavy bruising, tetanus shot and antibiotics required, no idea if compensated for tattered riding gear

Jesus not had owt like that,had my shoe nibbled. No such thing as bad dogs just bad owners.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
This is what I use (Amazon)!

AC7E9149-FB09-4967-894B-9775E953FECA.jpeg

Decolocsta

Aug 10, 2022
Germany
I once saw a guy soccer kicking his hunting dog in the stomach for not following his commands.

I yelled at him to stop it.
Than the guy had a mental breakdown and gettin total Crazy.
He told his dog to bite me.
But luckly his dog was waving his tail and had no Intentions to do so.

Crazy World :(

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
illegal yes but not a firearm................it is classed as an offensive weapon.
It is classified under the firearms act...

classified as a firearm and under the Firearms Act of 1968.

Under section 5(1)(b) of the Act, possession, purchase or Obtaining any such item designed or adapted “to release any liquid, noxious gas or otherwise” is prohibited.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A Malinois can keep up 20mph all day and sprint significantly faster. Then you've got the added joy of being knocked to the ground at speed and savaged.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Just to confirm what the other chap said, in UK legislation it's treated as a firearm.
yes...semantics really.........its a prohibited weapon under Section 5 of the Firearms act. The important thing for folk on the forum is to understand it is illegal in the UK...........although not in some countries in Europe...........and not in the US??

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
yes...semantics really.........its a prohibited weapon under Section 5 of the Firearms act. The important thing for folk on the forum is to understand it is illegal in the UK...........although not in some countries in Europe...........and not in the US??

If a dog was latched on to my leg, I'd worry about the legality of it later. Saving some for the owner would seem appropriate too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles