do you deflate tires for storage?

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
I used to do it years ago w my clinchers on my road bikes - but those were much higher pressure.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
The first time I left a tubeless tyre for a lengthy period without use it (~3 months) went down. That is probably more to do with the crappy Finishline sealant I was using, but based on this I will be checking the pressures in any laid-up-for-the-winter bike monthly. This should avoid it sitting on a low or flat tyre for a lengthy period, especially as my bikes are stored vertically against the wall with all the weight on the back wheel.

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
More my question is why you stop riding in the winter, some of the best rides are on a sharp fresh winter morning with nobody around in the forests

:p;)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I do not deflate my tyres when storing the bike for the winter.
Because I don't store the bike for winter, l use it/them all year round. In addition, I find that I don't ever have to deflate tyres because they do it themselves. I'm always having to add air.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not sure where all the "I ride my (E) bike all year round" pride is coming from. Storing your bike away for winter might make no sense in Basingstoke but being an international forum I guess the OP might be from an entirely different climate where snowsports would make more sense in winter. Plenty of my friends don't touch a bike at all though winter and they're way better riders than the average Emtb forum member.
Still interested in WHY you'd want to deflate the tyres though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles