Do all Bosch CX gen 4 motors make a slight buzzing sound when theres slight pressure on pedals but not enough to accelerate?

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
I've recently noticed a constant buzzing sound coming from what sounds like either the battery or the motor, hard to tell. It is constant, whenever i put slight pressure on the pedals but not enough to cause the bike to actually accelerate. IE i can push it with my hand a bit firm to cause it, or if i was just on the bike and standing on the pedals that would obviously be enough pressure too.

I wouldnt be able to hear the noise if i was riding or near cars or something, but in the quiet of my garage it is quite audible to me.

My guess is maybe the battery is faulty and its arcing or coil whine or something like that.

Thanks.

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
I've recently noticed a constant buzzing sound coming from what sounds like either the battery or the motor, hard to tell. It is constant, whenever i put slight pressure on the pedals but not enough to cause the bike to actually accelerate. IE i can push it with my hand a bit firm to cause it, or if i was just on the bike and standing on the pedals that would obviously be enough pressure too.

I wouldnt be able to hear the noise if i was riding or near cars or something, but in the quiet of my garage it is quite audible to me.

My guess is maybe the battery is faulty and its arcing or coil whine or something like that.

Thanks.
It's normal, don't panic.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles