DMR V12 Pedals

Stu

Jul 27, 2022
Uk
Looking to put some DMR V12s on my 160.

Anyone have the same, what’s your thoughts, and any alternatives in that sort of price range?

Cheers.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Brilliant pedals. Been using them since they first came out. Always been bullet proof and not sure theres a better pedal for a similar price tbh.

Reactions: Stu

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I've been running them for 15+ years, but these days there are much better pedals out there, with more grip, less weight, thinner body etc. Crank bros stamp, burgtec, shimano saint or the £25 nukeproofs I bought to keep in the car in case I forget my spd shoes.

Last edited:

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I have DMR Vaults which are a bit bigger platform than the V12's. Grippy as a grippy thing.

The Vaults are also nearly twice the price.

The OP mentioned similar price range.

I forgot to mention I did also have a set of the DMR V6's (plastic) for a while. Whilst they didn't let me down they just felt cheap, looked cheap and I'm sure didn't grip as well as the V12's. Quite possibly the £25 NukeProofs mentioned above would be better if the OP really wants to go plastic.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

I forgot to mention I did also have a set of the DMR V6's (plastic) for a while. Whilst they didn't let me down they just felt cheap, looked cheap and I'm sure didn't grip as well as the V12's. Quite possibly the £25 NukeProofs mentioned above would be better if the OP really wants to go plastic.

The point is the larger platform which with larger feet (size UK 10.5-11) I find work much better than my previous V12's (which are now on my wife's bike who has size UK 7 feet).

Last edited:

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield

+1 for the Nukeproof also I had them on my previous Levo and where the stickiest pedals I have used to date currently using the one up composite pedals which work but not as good as the Nukeproof.

Reactions: Dax

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
DMR V12 are very reliable and super grippy but on the small side and with threaded pins that rip your legs if you get anywhere near them. The coloured ones also shed their paint pretty quickly.

I recently changed to Spank Spoon 110s which have the same concave shape as V12s and the same level of grip but the exposed part of the pins is not threaded so much more user friendly. If you like the smaller size there is also the Spank Spoon 100. You will need to look for a deal though if you want a price similar to V12s.

Manc44

Jun 22, 2021
Manchester
Wellgo LU 987U

Pro's:
- Cheap. Under £20 if you can find a pair in stock.
- Bearings still good on mine after 1,500+ miles.

Con's:
- Thick.
- Heavy.

If I was going to swap them for something else (just to get something thinner) it would be the Saint pedals, but how big are the bearings in those? A lot of pedals now (being thinner) have smaller bearings and that's definitely something to avoid. Been there, done that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles