Distance and speed shown on E8000 suddenly way out.

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
So I took out my Ghost Hybride Slamr (E8000 motor and 7000 display) after a few months and had a great ride in the cold but suddenly today the distance and speed shown by the 7000 display was very incorrect. According to Map my Ride I rode 17.4 km and the ebike display recorded 31 km. I did not change anything on the ebike or the settings in the ST unlocker and usually the difference between the app and ebike is about 5%. Sure enough, the ebike was showing higher speed than actual speed.Is that the sensor on the rear wheel gone into retirement ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Did you stop anywhere for a beer and leave the bike outside ?

With almost double the range (less 5-10%) it sounds like it's double pulsing. Strange that it didn't give an error though. I take it the speed was showing about double what it should have been so you didn't have much assistance ?

I'd check the magnet alignment first. Make sure it's square with the sensor and lines up with the little arrow on the sensor, just before the "bump" . Then check the cable isn't snagged or caught or squashed anywhere. You might want to take the left hand side top motor cover off and check the sensor cable is correctly plugged in.

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Did you stop anywhere for a beer and leave the bike outside ?

With almost double the range (less 5-10%) it sounds like it's double pulsing. Strange that it didn't give an error though. I take it the speed was showing about double what it should have been so you didn't have much assistance ?

I'd check the magnet alignment first. Make sure it's square with the sensor and lines up with the little arrow on the sensor, just before the "bump" . Then check the cable isn't snagged or caught or squashed anywhere. You might want to take the left hand side top motor cover off and check the sensor cable is correctly plugged in.

Well the speed was higher but not twice as much. Hard to check really when moving. No I did not stop anywhere, the distance shown was incorrect after the first couple of kilometers. I already checked the cables and the alignment , seems ok. assistence cut out around 26km/h shown, dont really know how fast I was going though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles