Displayed range on full charge has changed .

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Noticed the displayed range after a full charge has changed . Had my Rise several months and its always displayed 109 miles on my Garmin after a full charge . Did a ride a couple of weeks ago where I got it down to 18% remaining , first time I'd dipped below 20% , and now on a full charge it displays 67 miles range . Anyone else had this ? . To be honest 67 miles on my local route is more realistic so I'm wondering if running it lower made it recalibrate it's figures but just curious if others have had same experience .

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Noticed the displayed range after a full charge has changed . Had my Rise several months and its always displayed 109 miles on my Garmin after a full charge . Did a ride a couple of weeks ago where I got it down to 18% remaining , first time I'd dipped below 20% , and now on a full charge it displays 67 miles range . Anyone else had this ? . To be honest 67 miles on my local route is more realistic so I'm wondering if running it lower made it recalibrate it's figures but just curious if others have had same experience .
The 109 is kms I believe. That's what mine used to say but I changed the units to mph and mine now says 67.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Possibly , although it's always recorded in miles on my Garmin and I've not changed a thing , strange

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Yeah I've always used miles with my Garmin but the RS app was in kms from the start. I think an update came that let you have either

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I agree with what Jim said. 67 miles is 108 Km. Someone a couple of months ago said they got an update on the Garmin that changed it to miles. I always had mine set on miles, but I never really paid attention to the range and I think it actually displayed in Km before the update. Now it's all in miles.

blea

Mar 7, 2020
British Columbia
Does your Garmin show you how many miles you have put on the bike? I have had my Rise for 2 months but have no idea of the total mileage I have put on the motor. If I buy a Garmin will it be able to tell me that or just from here on in?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
No , the only reference I have is if I total my individual ride distances on the Garmin app , it doesn't show total miles on the Garmin , quite annoying that it doesn't tell you in the Shimano Eride or Etube apps either .

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Does your Garmin show you how many miles you have put on the bike? I have had my Rise for 2 months but have no idea of the total mileage I have put on the motor. If I buy a Garmin will it be able to tell me that or just from here on in?
If its the only bike you're gonna use it with then my Garmin 820 will give you an all time total of miles. I use strava mainly and you can add bikes/gear to that on the pc and track how many miles your bike has done or how many miles you've gotten out of a chain for example. Not sure if Garmin connect has that feature as I don't tend to use it.

Edit: Just looked on the Garmin Connect app and you can add bikes and gear to keep a check on your mileage

Last edited:

blea

Mar 7, 2020
British Columbia
No , the only reference I have is if I total my individual ride distances on the Garmin app , it doesn't show total miles on the Garmin , quite annoying that it doesn't tell you in the Shimano Eride or Etube apps either .
Thanks for the reply. So if I was going to sell the bike and the buyer wanted to know how many miles I have put on the bike, I would just have to say "I have no idea". My last ebike had a monitor and even if I didn't turn it on for a month, it would update my total mileage as soon as I turned it on. I wonder if I was to buy the monitor if there is a memory in the motor and it will tell me that. I contacted Orbea and they did not know.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
No idea , I did read somewhere that a dealer can access the total mileage so it's obviously stored somewhere . Maybe a 3rd party app can access it or plugging it into a laptop . It does seem crazy , it's going to be a question asked if we ever sell them ??

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
If its the only bike you're gonna use it with then my Garmin 820 will give you an all time total of miles. I use strava mainly and you can add bikes/gear to that on the pc and track how many miles your bike has done or how many miles you've gotten out of a chain for example. Not sure if Garmin connect has that feature as I don't tend to use it.

Edit: Just looked on the Garmin Connect app and you can add bikes and gear to keep a check on your mileage
Yes, Garmin Connect has a feature that shows your gear/ bike. My Strava is linked to my Garmin Connect and automatically records/mirrors the rides. You can attach any bike you've added to a particular ride even after the fact in your saved ride history with Garmin.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles