Other Discounted Levo’s?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7401
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7401

Many dealers in the USA are now discounting levo’s like crazy.

Is this because a gen 4 levo is about to be released???

Based on the fact that they are advertising discounts I would think it is ok with Speci corporate to do so.

Really want to pull the trigger on a new bike but if a new bike is right around the corner I would rather wait!

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
overstock is high, they had 2 different sales at the end of 2022. They just laid off 8% of their workforce to preserve capital....they need overstock to sell to generate cash and not have it tied up in inventory. For the gen 3 levo there is not likely a new model pending.....SL levo is a different story....buy and enjoy.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
i just saw a lot of Levos discounted 20% :/
and i thought i'm lucky coz 1m ago i bought with 10% discount :/ )

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
I was in a Specialized corporate store in southern California two days ago and they had big discounts on a few levos. Not all

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Swap that shitty fork and thats a mega bike for the money ! Motor not quite up to Bosch but close for sure
motor is better in fact, gives more natural feeling, instead of abrupt power delivery, going up both gives similar assist, not sure if Brose gives more in fact .... and complete quitness when you go down, like analog bike, priceless. and of course perfect minimalistic control, display, integration (mobile app and ant+) .... I'd say, only big pluses over Bosch ....

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
motor is better in fact, gives more natural feeling, instead of abrupt power delivery, going up both gives similar assist, not sure if Brose gives more in fact .... and complete quitness when you go down, like analog bike, priceless. and of course perfect minimalistic control, display, integration (mobile app and ant+) .... I'd say, only big pluses over Bosch ....
For sure if you like a lesser power feeling it’s definitely smoother Bosch wins on reliability tho but for that price its an amazing bike

D

Deleted member 7401

Well I have seen production looking pics online of new Levo’s with Rock Shox suspension…so I think they are going to at least be updated soon in the coming months.

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

Yes and you Can count on "updating" the motor every 300 miles, I agree the power on the Levo is more natural although the Bosch is punchier (spelling) at lower cadences which is better in terrain that requires greater skill than I have.

Warm Regards Ruti

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
25% off is pretty good. I built up a s-works frameset this winter that I was able to get a deal on. Even with saving in taxes and taking advantage of component sales and such I think I managed to do it for about 30% off retail all in. In a lot of ways I ended up with something better for me (customized, push 11.6, etc) but it’s expensive to build these things.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Word is the new SL's have been ready to drop but are being held back due to excessive inventory of the old stuff.

K78

Jan 17, 2023
Manchester
Bike companies have been able to charge what they want. Combination of covid, lockdown and being paid to sit on our arses was their dream scenario.

These bikes are the most overpriced products I’ve ever seen. They make exotic cars seem cheap in comparison.

I expected them to be built like tanks for the price, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

D

Deleted member 7401

Just spoke to a dealer that confirmed new bikes are coming but have received no information regarding changes. The model’s on sale are probably going to be replaced with other color’s or minor changes. Since they are not all on sale there probably will be nothing major changed.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Just spoke to a dealer that confirmed new bikes are coming but have received no information regarding changes. The model’s on sale are probably going to be replaced with other color’s or minor changes. Since they are not all on sale there probably will be nothing major changed.
I’ve seen the 2023 Levos already, it’s basically colour changes. There was some minor spec changes on some of the lower end models but they’re the same bike. I wouldn’t expect an updated Levo for another 2 years at a minimum, especially with the bike market crashing like it is.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Were is the best place to look in U.K.? I’ve heard of people picking bikes up for £4500
Balfe’s Bikes has the aluminum Levo for £4400, that’s the cheapest I’ve seen that model for so far. If my wife wasn’t so short I’d pick one up for her, unfortunately the S2 is still way too big.

K78

Jan 17, 2023
Manchester
Balfe’s Bikes has the aluminum Levo for £4400, that’s the cheapest I’ve seen that model for so far. If my wife wasn’t so short I’d pick one up for her, unfortunately the S2 is still way too big.

I was just looking at this. Nearly ordered it looking at what £3000 buys on eBay. I’d rather pay a extra £1400 and have a new bike.

My mate thinks they will drop lower but I’m not so sure.
3941A8FB-B78B-42AB-8F33-251342753C7D.png

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
So what do you get if you get the Comp over the base model? Is this the plan if you're already buying it to upgrade?
You get the 500w/h battery, SX drivetrain, guide brakes and bottom tier RS suspension with the alloy. The comp alloy gives you the 700w/h battery, GX drivetrain, code R brakes and bottom tier fox suspension. Both alloys still have the older TCU which would be a negative to me, you have to step up to the carbon to get the newer TCU.

If I could do it over again I would have just bought the carbon model, I’ve changed so much on my Pro that it’s not even really the Pro model anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7401

Now that there really are no supply issues I could see them utilizing the new TCU on more models.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
.............and marketing will say it is much faster and more capable on rough terrain............because of the Mastermind!!:ROFLMAO:

DMC707

Jan 24, 2023
Norman Oklahoma
Bought my Comp right after Thanksgiving for $5700 (down from $7500 retail) -- of ocurse after tax and card fees it was over $6200, but still an amazing machine for the money to me

With the Covid bike boom, manufacturers over compensated now they have a lot to sell. Specialized even laid off its "Riding Ambassador" program -- that just tells me they are bleeding cash and trying to re-coup

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles