Discounted Bike and parts Thread - cheap(er) ebikes & stuff

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
As an experiment 6 months ago installed jockeys with bushes on one of our Rails and identical jockeys with bearings on the other. (Both sets from BBB cycling)

The reason I bought them was because they do not have holes in them to trap grass/twigs/other stuff, and to compare bushes vs bearings.

So far both work equally well but the jockeys with bearings cost twice as much. Big advantage is, as expected, much less stuff trapped/dragged/wrapped into (especially lower) jockeys with trapped mud to get ground into the axles and hangers.

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Bosch 750Wh Powertube horizontal battery for £425:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Who could resist this bargain! Thanks Tredz.
1702897169716.png

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
anyone seen a good deal on a shimano xt 12 speed rear derailleur?

I need a new one.
I know that you want XT, as did I when I snapped one in half. Except I could not get one quickly during the pandemic!
But I could have an SLX, so grudgingly I bought one.
It was brilliant! I could not tell the difference in shifting performance or on the trail. OK, it will weigh a few grams more but I could care less about that small amount of extra weight.
If you haven't tried an SLX mech, give it a go, it really is very good.
I am now on my second SLX mech, not a distress purchase this time. Yep, I snapped the first one as well!
I have just bought a spare SLX mech, as my history suggests that it will be a wise move.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I know that you want XT, as did I when I snapped one in half. Except I could not get one quickly during the pandemic!
It was brilliant! I could not tell the difference in shifting performance or on the trail. OK, it will weigh a few grams more but I could care less about that small amount of extra weight.
I am now on my second SLX mech, not a distress purchase this time. Yep, I snapped the first one as well!
I have just bought a spare SLX mech, as my history suggests that it will be a wise move.
Yeah I agree as the XT shifter is worth the extra over the SLX one but not the mech (y)

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden

Thanks man, maybe i should try a SLX .

Hickey300

Dec 21, 2023
Florida
What’s the best price people have seen lately for a Factory Fox 38 fork? Color doesn’t matter. I’m looking for a 44 offset 29 fork. Travel doesn’t matter but would like 170-180mm

EEEliminator

Dec 22, 2023
Bay Area, CA

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
What’s the best price people have seen lately for a Factory Fox 38 fork? Color doesn’t matter. I’m looking for a 44 offset 29 fork. Travel doesn’t matter but would like 170-180mm
$619 Big sales on Fox forks, I got an e-optimized Factory 36 160mm for my Levo for $569. I'm tempted to pick up a 38 for my Enduro too want to see if I like Fox 36 Factory 1st.
FOX 38 Factory Fork 29, 180mm, 15QRx110mm, 44mm Offset Black Grip 2

I was coming here to post that from the sister company. If I can financially recover from Christmas and 2 new bikes I'd have one of these on the way. lol

They aslo have another one....

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
Wow.. a super price for the 700Wh M3 Levo..

But, don't delivery in Belgique or France.. ouin-ouin ! :cry:

hibike.nl 2024-01-03-SPZ.jpg

When I think that SPZ sells it to us for between 1200 and 1400€! :eek:

Someone to buy me one locally ? ;)

🍻

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyone gets wind of bargain Bosch non smart 625 horizontals, post 'em up. Getting mine tested this week, I feel it' s starting to degrade after 3000 miles. Best I've spotted today is £450 at Merlin which isn't bad to be fair.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Anyone gets wind of bargain Bosch non smart 625 horizontals, post 'em up. Getting mine tested this week, I feel it' s starting to degrade after 3000 miles. Best I've spotted today is £450 at Merlin which isn't bad to be fair.
That's a very good price.
I paid 699 euro (604£) 1.5 years back for my seccond battery.
Was the cheapest I could find

Jul 30, 2022
Scotland
Not quite a bike/part but the Evoc Blackline Trail backpack finally hit my target price of £120 delivered (down from £200) - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/evoc-fr-trail-blackline-20l?color=black&sizeStandard=M/L&istCompanyId=8d42cf00-fc35-44ce-8770-97ae3ffd4c16

I've been wanting a backpack that sits close to my back for a while. Arrived yesterday. It's a bit on the heavier side but I'll accept that given it has the spine protection. Really well made and lots of nice bells and whistles. Bladder pouch (and h20 hole), spine protection, rain cover, hidden built in straps to strap more stuff on for a longer trip, the belt feels comfortable, tons of pockets/pouches for organisation, helmet strap (I'm still on an acoustic so useful for carrying the FF uphill).

Worth mentioning that there are tons of very heavily discounted Five Tens currently on Evans too - https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/five-ten

Now just to find a good value emtb! Slightly kicking myself I didn't buy the Strive:ON when it was on sale.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
SRAM NX Eagle 12 speed chain with 126 links for £13.99 Inc delivery or get 10% off if you sign up to their newsletter (y)

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
SRAM NX Eagle 12 speed chain with 126 links for £13.99 Inc delivery or get 10% off if you sign up to their newsletter (y)

Good price, thanks, felt rude not to throw in a 12 speed NX cassette as well for when my Levo one wears out. 👍 £77 for a replacement drivetrain seems a good deal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles