• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Did anyones bike actually get locked after 504

thehenk

Sep 8, 2021
NL
Hi,

I've had one 504 error, but after removing my BAB and cycling roughly 16km in limp mode t removed itself. Since I use my bike for horizontal alphalt use mostly this wasn't the biggest of issues for me, but I removed the BadAssBox for now.

I've been reading the forum and other sources all day and saw a lot of cases of 504 errors with Bosch, and often it was stated that after 3 times the bike would be permanently locked. However I have not read of any user that actually had their bike get totally locked and unusable. Are there users here to whom this happened or actually know someone who had this happen to them?

Regards,

Henk

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles