DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Her cursing all the way down the hill was beautiful. If you want to win, that's what you need inside. Greg is a head scratcher, crashing out on that berm inside line was a shock, almost like a rookie error, so out of character.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Minnaar was one of the first to go full 29" on a DH bike and never looked back. He said thatvwith the bigger wheels and a bigger frame proportional to the new wheel , he finally felt he had a bike that fitted him.
His results from that point onwards were impressive especially given his advancing age.

When I saw him in a pre race interview this weekend saying they were playing around with a mullet setup , I figured he was desperately searching for something that resembled the V10 that he had helped develop for many years. That thing had to be as close to perfect as he could ever hope for.
I didn't think he would do well on the Norco , he only just snuck into finals and then the crash.
Minnaar on a mullet alone looked wrong!

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I was coming & going & hadn't noticed the mullet, that's a fair point. That V10 must have felt like a pair of old Crocs to Greg. Did notice him kick the bike when he got up though :D

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Her cursing all the way down the hill was beautiful. If you want to win, that's what you need inside. Greg is a head scratcher, crashing out on that berm inside line was a shock, almost like a rookie error, so out of character.
He couldn't pull on the jump to inside line because of his crash before that where he hurt his shoulder. WynTV finals video talks to his staff about it.

Erice is a weapon, will be one to give Vali and Nina a good battle in the coming years.

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
AGAIN what a total shit show trying to watch the downhill.
Stayed up to watched, on Youtube the UCI sanctioned, the ADVERTISED junior womens and mens on Sunday night with the wife who also loves to watch.
Sat there watching the clock tick down for the start only to be greeted AVENTUALLY with a notice from Youtube saying that the feed had been taken down by the content provide.
What the F, the count on Youtube just before they pulled the plug said with the womens that there was over a 1000 viewers waiting for the feed to begin, so very disappointed the Mrs went to bed where I persevered, watch a few more vlogs to kill the time until the Junior men's event went ahead only for exactly the same thing to happen.
These unprofessional wankers are turning new people off watching downhill racing and spoiling watching this fantastic sporting spectacle for those of us already converted. I'd love to know what really is going on at UCI and what their excuses are.
And this is the 2nd year of doing this, how can they be getting worse at it!

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Discovery+ through Sky was perfect and brilliant.
I HATE the fact we don't see Semis. But today was as good as it gets.
Epic racing and great to watch.
Did you get to see the Juniors then on Youtube??
Have the subscription to watch the actual Elite finals and will watch it on replay tonight with the Mrs but if I could have watched the Juniors I would have probably kept watching all through the elites as well. Just the fact that it was SUPPOSED to be televised and then was pulled at the last minute is so frustrating and, maybe you can tell, really P_ssed me off with the whole deal.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
It looks like all races will be on sundays now with semis etc on saturdays. This pretty much kills it for me because I can't stay up till 3-4am on a Monday morning to watch.

Bring back saturday races!

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
The Youtube streams for the juniors was amateur, I refreshed the page , went to the channels home page , then back to the original page before I saw a comment that they started a new stream. Found that and all went well from then.
Same thing for the lunior mens stream. Would be convenient if Stan showed the whole finals , not just elites.

Anyway , that track cranked everything up a notch! If you didn't hit everything perfect and at 110% , you were nowhere !

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
It looks like all races will be on sundays now with semis etc on saturdays. This pretty much kills it for me because I can't stay up till 3-4am on a Monday morning to watch.

Bring back saturday races!
In the past , a round hosting XC and DH would mean a saturday final for the DH , XC on Sunday.
If that hasn't changed this season , Val Di Sole , Les Gets and Mont St Anne will all be saturday races

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I've given up on watching it live. Between the subs, commentators & pointless semi finals, they've killed it for me.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I think i'm one of the few who don't mind Ric. Although in truth i mostly ignore him as i'm watching the riders and concentrating on them rather than actually listening to Ric.
I do think one thing he could do is get a bit more insight into the riders by walking round the pits and asking stuff. He seems to pick snippets out of his notes/brain pretty well in terms of when riders last won, podiumed etc... so there's deffo some knowledge there.
Greg was poor, he can ride for sure, but he's far from a personality you'd listen to.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
There's footage from last year of Ric wandering around the pits looking very uninterested & disengaged. TBH, I think his jam is Enduro, he looked happiest a few years back when he was doing that exclusively, used to ride stages for previews etc. DH just doesn't seem to hit for him, certainly the comms is a bit colour by numbers.

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Watched the women's and enjoyed it, stay tuned for the men's they said and then they proceeded to broadcast Moto gp instead.

Was watching through Amazon prime with a discovery+ subscription. I've now received a refund for my subscription and cancelled it.

Possibly the end for me watching live dh for a little while

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
That run for Ronan was next level, I was at Hardline in Tassie this year when he won that so his win on the weekend was no fluke. He is a star of the future and expect more big things from this young man. Same can be said for Oisin, fantastic run earlier on when the track probably wasn't at its fastest and I felt a bit sorry for him after no one got near his time for ages, before being bumped out of the hot seat by the top riders. Still 10th place in that field is a major achievement in itself, another young bloke with a bright future.

Last edited:

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Heading to Fort William just after 10am as my lad is racing National DH this weekend against a completely stacked field of Youth riders. Not sure if i should put any posts in here or make another thread.... But will come up with a plan a bit later after a 10 hour drive to get there.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Heading to Fort William just after 10am as my lad is racing National DH this weekend against a completely stacked field of Youth riders. Not sure if i should put any posts in here or make another thread.... But will come up with a plan a bit later after a 10 hour drive to get there.
Good Luck Master Weeksy

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
At risk of coming across like the fun police, I caught BK's Hardline testing video last night & I gasped at the ravine jump they've built. Part of me thinks Dan's gone a step too far with it. Notwithstanding the riders are the best of the best & it's all done willingly etc. I fear a serious injury & the effect on the reputation of the event.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Way above my skill level on a bike for sure. And no aspirations either.

Looked impossible upon first, second and third glance but BK broke the barrier and Matt sealed it as a doable. But you have to recognize how much it shook them for sure. But not as shook as the last guy who hit it and had to bail.....hope he is ok.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles