DH World Cup thread

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
First round of the UK National DH series this weekend at Rheola near Neath. Will be there all weekend of course.

Last weekend was the warm-up event at same location, it was, very very wet.
randr-photo-12643339-6000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

randr-photo-12643259-4000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

randr-photo-12639828-6000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

randr-photo-12640262-6000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

randr-photo-12643335-6000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

My lad picked up 2nd place which was, IMO a bloody brilliant result

Screenshot_2024-04-08-19-50-20-086_com.android.chrome by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

We'll blow me! That's a hell of a result, honestly. He's beaten guys who creamed him many times. The lad in 4th was the Pearce overall champ last year and dominated it.
I'm not thinking he's now going to beat these lads week in week out, but heck that's bloody incredible and a proper list of proper racers in there.
There's lots more coming in for the National this weekend, but wow, just wow.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
I tuned into tiz this morning just in time to see the end of the men's xco. Great quality stream. I think it will be the solution for me this season.
I'll donate to the guy as well. I'd rather give him money that WB !

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I tuned into tiz this morning just in time to see the end of the men's xco. Great quality stream. I think it will be the solution for me this season.
I'll donate to the guy as well. I'd rather give him money that WB !
So did you watched it on Stan Sport?
We have a subscription to Stan but the Sports section on Stan is and extra $15 a month on top of the $15 we already pay. That makes it close to the same as a Fox subscription, oh well only have to pay it for 6 months, wonder what other sports you get for that as really only interested in the downhill and enduro.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
So did you watched it on Stan Sport?
We have a subscription to Stan but the Sports section on Stan is and extra $15 a month on top of the $15 we already pay. That makes it close to the same as a Fox subscription, oh well only have to pay it for 6 months, wonder what other sports you get for that as really only interested in the downhill and enduro.
No , I watched it on the pirate stream
If it's consistently good , I'd rather donate to the guy running it than give my money to Stan 😄
If it's no good , then plan B is Stan.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
No , I watched it on the pirate stream
If it's consistently good , I'd rather donate to the guy running it than give my money to Stan 😄
If it's no good , then plan B is Stan.
So is the name of the pirate thing tiz? And was it free? Sorry to keep hassling you but time is getting short and I'm a tight arse so if I can get it without paying so be it. I do like looking at it on the big screen tho, probably due to my diminishing eye sight :ROFLMAO: so don't know if I could watch it all just on the lap top.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
So is the name of the pirate thing tiz? And was it free? Sorry to keep hassling you but time is getting short and I'm a tight arse so if I can get it without paying so be it. I do like looking at it on the big screen tho, probably due to my diminishing eye sight :ROFLMAO: so don't know if I could watch it all just on the lap top.
Yes its Tiz-Cycling Live Stream

My only issue with it, is that last year the streams got pulled mid race. Some races it was fine others it was all over the show. For the $5.99 USD a month in NZ I'm going to pay for staylive. Gutted they don't have a apple tv app though :cry:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yep, I was kidding...lots of footage of riders eating trees. Going by Brayton's video, it was more that they ran out of time to get everyone down, he said by 5pm, they hadn't managed a single rider.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Why didnt they just re-tape the line??
I believe that once they've signed the track off at a certain time of the weekend they're not allowed to change it afterwards. I think this is in case someone then rides the track without knowing there's a change and has an accident.
I kinda get that kinda don't.

There were multiple lines that were a disaster that weekend as we'd also run the same track the weekend before for a regional event. So the deterioration of lines was increased by traffic of riders. It wasn't 'nice' the weekend before, but was less of an issue...

Sadly one of the lines caught my lad out and he went down on seeding, which normally is OK as it just means he goes off earlier in the bunch for his race run. This time though they cancelled before any race runs were completed and that meant the results were taken from seeding :(

Anyway, we're at Fort William in 6 weeks for the National DH again... Last year the National was 2/3 weeks before the WC race so was stacked with superstars, this year the National is after the WC, so will be interesting to see who's coming to play from the big boys.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Quite a lot of the Pro riders will be at Dyfi tomorrow for some pre Fort William warmup

The park is also open to the public, if anyone wants to book on and ride with them, or should I say watch them for the first corner and never see them again

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Quite a lot of the Pro riders will be at Dyfi tomorrow for some pre Fort William warmup

The park is also open to the public, if anyone wants to book on and ride with them, or should I say watch them for the first corner and never see them again
Was gutted we couldn't make that as mine is at school about to do GCSEs, he often rides with Alfie Hemming, Dan Atherton, etc etc when there. It's an awesome place for that as the Pros seem to love having the youngsters play with them and tag on. I assume they're slowing a little for the youngsters, but some of the youngies are fast as heck and wouldn't need that much slowing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles